New member need help on car decision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00dzy

Car
Hyundai IX25 HIRE CAR
Hello everyone, looks like a great site with lots of information..

I am lucky enough to be ordering my first MB as a company car..

I have these two cars in mind, I am looking to pick them up from the pool list as MB messed up my first order and got the specs wrong, managed to cancel last minute and am looking at the below options going forward..

Need some advice please.

MERCEDES-BENZ C220D 4DR 11.75 2.2 SPORT E125 Manual Diesel 8151 10/10/2014 Bright Metallic - Diamond White Liverpool Cloth/Artico - Black 18in AMG 5 Twin Spoke Design Alloys, Panoramic Sunroof, Light And Rain Sensors, Heated Windscreen Washer Sytem

OR

MERCEDES-BENZ C250D 4DR 11.75 2.2 SPT E125 7G Automatic Diesel 17453 19/09/2014 Solid - Calcite White Liverpool Cloth/Artico - Black Split Fold Rear Seats, 18in AMG 5 Twin Spoke Design Alloys

I am thinking to go for the C250D but am unsure what comes standard and whats an option.. As far as I knew the light and rain sensors are standard. With the E125 models are the led daytime running lights and the horseshoe shaped light standard?

Like this one pictured..

http://www.dealermanager.co.uk/image...05/pvftzzo.jpg

I am liking the idea of 200bhp auto rather than the manual 170bhp.. Also are they both RWD?

Hello everyone, looks like a great site with lots of information..

I am lucky enough to be ordering my first MB as a company car..

I have these two cars in mind, I am looking to pick them up from the pool list as MB messed up my first order and got the specs wrong, managed to cancel last minute and am looking at the below options going forward..

Need some advice please.

MERCEDES-BENZ C220D 4DR 11.75 2.2 SPORT E125 Manual Diesel 8151 10/10/2014 Bright Metallic - Diamond White Liverpool Cloth/Artico - Black 18in AMG 5 Twin Spoke Design Alloys, Panoramic Sunroof, Light And Rain Sensors, Heated Windscreen Washer Sytem

OR

MERCEDES-BENZ C250D 4DR 11.75 2.2 SPT E125 7G Automatic Diesel 17453 19/09/2014 Solid - Calcite White Liverpool Cloth/Artico - Black Split Fold Rear Seats, 18in AMG 5 Twin Spoke Design Alloys

I am thinking to go for the C250D but am unsure what comes standard and whats an option.. As far as I knew the light and rain sensors are standard. With the E125 models are the led daytime running lights and the horseshoe shaped light standard?

Like this one pictured..

http://www.dealermanager.co.uk/image...05/pvftzzo.jpg

I am liking the idea of 200bhp auto rather than the manual 170bhp.. Also are they both RWD?

They're both RWD.

I'd go for the automatic...

Thanks for your input mate, im swaying that way..

Do the traffic light test. If these two pulled up at the traffic lights which one would you prefer to be in? Which one is going to make you think "damn, I should have gone for the other one". You know that 170bhp although nice in a diesel will feel second best.

Will be my first auto... ill post photos when I get it.. Fingers crossed this weekend :)

Struggling to understand why you wouldn't go for the faster C250? Unless the higher(?) BIK is putting you off...

It's also an auto which helps.

LED DRLs are standard on Sport, but there was a short production period in the last 12 months when the xenon lights were swapped for full electric seats (as opposed to the standard partial electric set up) due to supply problems with components in the ILS system. Headlamp washers are mandated by law for xenons, but I'm not sure if they were supplied with the halogens during this time.

It's definitely worth checking this as ILS is the nuts! I also think the halogens look a bit pants compared to the jewel-y look imparted by the LEDs & xenon projectors.

Rain sensitive wipers are standard though.

Thanks for everyones supplies, the BIK price on these two models was near enough the same.. both fantastic deals.

The reason I was unsure which one to go with was manual or automatic choice, the 220d was coming with the panoramic roof and diamond white paint..

But after reading everyones posts and doing a bit of research on the 250 it sounds like its a bit of a beast and although Im still in my 20's I think an automatic will be more relaxing to drive yet still fast when I want/need it.

there was a short production period in the last 12 months when the xenon lights were swapped for full electric seats

I bet they look funny on the front of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom