New owner of old CLK 320 Convertible 2001 MY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simm31

Car
C200 Coupe (W205)
Hello All,

I have just bought a very nice and well cared for 2001 CLK320 (w208) with just 100k on, lots of history etc but being almost 17 years old there are problems.

Can you help point to the right thread as I'm sure this has been covered many times before. Also I'm quite lucky as my brother owns a garage and does a lot of Merc work.

So he's given the car the once over and changed the AT fluid and filter. Replaced the brake peddle switch and had it on the code reader to clear faults and double check after competing the work, we still have issues...

1. Replaced brake sense and still getting ABS/BAS error why?

2. Roof is working but is tempremental, works lovely and smooth and my brother had to repair the hydraulic ram it had sneered off its fixing bolt, he used an m8 and repair washer and making a neat hold in the rear metal box contain said sneered off bolt. However despite being at the correct level of hydraulic and battery is new the roof will not work some times without a lot of starting and restarting the engine, sensor switch in boot appears ok...what are we missing?

3. The car will only indicate right. All lights and hazards working but when I flick the stalk down left it indicates right, when I indicate right it works fine...what needs looking at here...?

Any help would be great as this car is my little summer toy and I don't have £100's to spend on it..

Thank you all!

Hello All,

I have just bought a very nice and well cared for 2001 CLK320 (w208) with just 100k on, lots of history etc but being almost 17 years old there are problems.

Can you help point to the right thread as I'm sure this has been covered many times before. Also I'm quite lucky as my brother owns a garage and does a lot of Merc work.

So he's given the car the once over and changed the AT fluid and filter. Replaced the brake peddle switch and had it on the code reader to clear faults and double check after competing the work, we still have issues...

1. Replaced brake sense and still getting ABS/BAS error why?

2. Roof is working but is tempremental, works lovely and smooth and my brother had to repair the hydraulic ram it had sneered off its fixing bolt, he used an m8 and repair washer and making a neat hold in the rear metal box contain said sneered off bolt. However despite being at the correct level of hydraulic and battery is new the roof will not work some times without a lot of starting and restarting the engine, sensor switch in boot appears ok...what are we missing?

3. The car will only indicate right. All lights and hazards working but when I flick the stalk down left it indicates right, when I indicate right it works fine...what needs looking at here...?

Any help would be great as this car is my little summer toy and I don't have £100's to spend on it..

Thank you all!

For the indicator could be a faulty stalk... pretty common. Do the wipers and screen wash work?

Yes, wipers and washers and flashers all working well

Do I need the exact part number or are all clk w208 stalks suitable?

Do I need the exact part number or are all clk w208 stalks suitable?

If buying second hand id get one from same year? But I doubt it makes a difference

Best wait for someone else's opinion

Appears to be plenty about, just unclear it that is the issue...but seams cheap enough to try

Bump. Have I posted this in the right place, was hoping for more replies..?

All solved, needed new battery and pos terminal re-tightening after someone undid then wrong bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom