New Series of Wheeler Dealers 17/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Tonight, 9pm Discovery

Last edited:
Is it the XR2i tonight?

It's a Mk 1 XR2 (with the 1.6 "Kent" crossflow engine)

The Mk2 XR2 got the CVH engine from the XR3, but it wasn't until the Mk3 that fuel injection came along.

I had a Mk2 - and with the addition of a Janspeed exhaust and a rejetted carb, it ran well. Biggest problem was needing new Pirelli P6 tyres every 3000 miles :eek:

Biggest problem was needing new Pirelli P6 tyres every 3000 miles :eek:

Driven like it was stolen then!

I knew a guy that had one from two years old, mint condition and slightly modified, in the wet he was all over my RS3100. He was getting power down a good five seconds before me out of each corner!:bannana:

Yes??? Been going Warning 10+ years. You there?
i saw you put 5 a.m and instantly thought warning its always a late one haha! was going mate but have a chest infection so had to miss it:wallbash: (i wouldnt have lasted 5 mins)my mates said it was a good one though, yeah been going myself for years too prefer the outdoor raves though life4land/uprizing etc.
there's a good renegade hardware night coming up in bedford hoping to make that one

Good episode... back to proper wheeler dealers... none of this fancy going around the world nonsense...

Mike had a bit of a tantrum on his facebook page about people constantly whining on about Ed's labour rates not being included in the costs!

Yes, I agree a good technical episode. It still dont like how they show you the car that is going to be worked on within the 1st 10 seconds of the show. they never used to!

great episode to the new series.

I also dont like the "preview" and constant catch ups after each advert break but according to Mike, Discovery insists on that format. He doesnt like it either apparently.

I do think he should touch on (when he introduces Edd at the start of each episode) that he will be "fixing up the cars as a role of home mechanic" etc. That would quieten the people who rant on about edd's labour all the time.

Mike tweets throughout the show and sometimes goes on a live chat session straight after. Not been on the live chat for this or last series but it was good when he used to do it - on air for around an hour afterwards chatting and answering questions.

another great episode :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom