New SL not selling - Massive discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bieldside

Car
Merc SL65 , Porsche 991.2 Targa 4s , Porsche 9934s, S65 Cabriolet
I was enquiring for a friend on the SLs

£24000 discount off an SL500

Advised not selling - I wonder why ?

What is the normal SL buyer buying?

I think the front end of the New SL is not so appealing as the older model.
Also you will find that some are buying the slightly smaller engine version like the amg 400

I was in MB Ashford yesterday, lots of new cars with price reductions stickers - including a £41k SLC reduced to £34k!!

Sls

No model variant is selling I am told

Odd ?

Jaguar F Type ?
Porsche 991 ?

Nothing quite like the SL that compares

Bring back a top European Designer to facelift them and they'll be away...

Seen the rear of the new E-Class, it's just not Mercedes. :(

You can get £9K discount on SLC, all models.

Get thee behind me Satan!!:ban: We're thinking that with advancing age and increasing difficulty getting in and out of the sports seats of the 968 cab, the likely replacement will be an SLK/C - so between the much increased value of the 968 (doubled in 5 years!, PCGB valuation is almost 3 times what I paid for it!) and a big discount.........:devil::devil:

I think the front end of the New SL is not so appealing as the older model.
Also you will find that some are buying the slightly smaller engine version like the amg 400

^This.

The 400 facelift is 367hp with 9g gearbox. Sub 5 secs 0-60 it covers most peoples requirements for a comfy cruisy top down car and starts to look very good value for money against the 500 and AMG models (the AMG's don't get the new 9g).

We went with every intention of buying a 500 but found the 400 perfect.

Buyers that may previously have bought an SL63 have probably gravitated towards AMG GTs instead? (EDIT- A quick look on How many left show approx 4 times the number of AMG Gts registered vs SL63 AMG in the last 12 months).

All that said, it's never been a volume car.

Last edited:
Sl

Yes I get that with the SL63
Buy the AMG
And the 500 is possibly stuck in no mans land

^This.

The 400 facelift is 367hp with 9g gearbox. Sub 5 secs 0-60 it covers most peoples requirements for a comfy cruisy top down car and starts to look very good value for money against the 500 and AMG models (the AMG's don't get the new 9g).

We went with every intention of buying a 500 but found the 400 perfect.

Buyers that may previously have bought an SL63 have probably gravitated towards AMG GTs instead? (EDIT- A quick look on How many left show approx 4 times the number of AMG Gts registered vs SL63 AMG in the last 12 months).

All that said, it's never been a volume car.

After you posted up pics. Of your blue SL400 I have fallen in love with this model, looking round at the moment for a SL400 demonstrator , no white or black. :thumb:

Last edited:
Sl

I happened to visit an MB dealer on Saturday who had two new models
400 and 63 AMG models
Both looked exactly the same as the old models. even the sales guy admitted he couldn't see the difference
The 400 was £78000 before maga discounts
But even then it looked as dull as anything
Think the days of the SL are over
Dull dull dull

I happened to visit an MB dealer on Saturday who had two new models

400 and 63 AMG models

Both looked exactly the same as the old models. even the sales guy admitted he couldn't see the difference

The 400 was £78000 before maga discounts

But even then it looked as dull as anything

Think the days of the SL are over

Dull dull dull

Clearly a crap salesman. It looks much smarter than before! It also drives better and has more technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom