New toys in future MBs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zygote

Car
'02 Black C-Class Saloon
Lifted straight out of Autospies:

Cool new features in development in future Mercedes-Benz autos

Coming to your MB model over the next few years:

The Soft-Stop function allows the vehicle to come to a particularly gentle stop, which will be much appreciated in city traffic, involving frequent stops at traffic lights. It is made possible by finely metered pressure control. The Soft-Stop function is permanently activated; only on emergency braking and when maneuvering does the system ensure that priority is given to rapid deceleration.

Start-Off Assist (SBC™ Hold) prevents the car from unintentionally creeping forwards or rolling backwards on hills and steep gradients. A brief but firm application of the brake pedal is all it takes to activate this function.

Tailback Assist (We like this on the best!) (SBC™ Stop) can be activated using the cruise control lever when the vehicle is at a standstill or travelling at a maximum of 15 km/h. The advantage of this is that in stop/go traffic the driver only needs to use the accelerator; when the driver takes his or her foot off the accelerator, SBC™ brakes the SLR to a standstill with constant deceleration. Tailback Assist can remain active up to a speed of 60 km/h. It is automatically deactivated at higher speeds. When Tailback Assist is activated, the letters "SBC S" appear in the instrument cluster.

Nice.... hope this all makes it to the 2nd gen W203 or the W204(?)

It makes it into the W211 E and R230 SL this September :)

I believe ours do have soft stop Bryan.

From the manual:

Softstop
The Softstop feature brings your car to a smooth close. This is done via a precisely metered reduction of the brake boosting as you come to a stop. It eliminates the abrupt 'jerkiness' often associated with braking. Softstop is automatically deactivated during hard or emergency braking.

And the other feature I like...

Brake Drying
In wet weather conditions, SBC initiates small brake pressures which remove any moisture collected on the brake discs. Triggered by the rain-sensing wipers, this feature considerably reduces braking distance when required.

Originally posted by Brian WH
That means you get it and I'm too late eh? Thanks Matt.;:devil:

And DVD based COMAND and steering wheel gearshift! :D

Boo hoo .... I want all that:mad: ...i want all that .. boo hoo

The new smart cars have a hill assist thingo as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom