New Tyres - Pirelli P6000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurpz

Administrator
Staff member
Car
C230K Sport & CLS500
Im gonna need two new tyres very soon anyone know where i can get the following for a good price as in cheaper than the retail and not to far from Heathrow/Hounslow/Hays area:

Pirelli P6000

195/55/15

Thanks in advance

I have just bought 4 Pirelli rosso's, reading the test the p6000 did not do well

In sweden on the Elk test they were bottom also in the wet stop test

I had Pirelli rosso's and they only lasted me for 2months before they were wiped and no I dont do silly brunouts or anything just sometimes acceleration and thats it, but now i've gone for a set of michellen pilot sports all round and they are much better.

I had Pirelli rosso's and they only lasted me for 2months before they were wiped and no I dont do silly brunouts or anything just sometimes acceleration and thats it, but now i've gone for a set of michellen pilot sports all round and they are much better.

This is a hard one for me at this stage, I bought my SL500 with 16k miles and 4-5mm of tyre (rosso's) and now at 21k i feel That they are past their best.

I do not know if they are the original or replacements, and only go 10k per set, my previous cars Michellins had MO on the side wall

Thanks guys for your output. I have P6000 fitted all round on my car right now and I personally find them good. Not a very rouph driver and not too botherd about handling as i dont do powerslides or any of that stuff etc, but if anyone can recomend better in that size and for good price I may consider

Im gonna need two new tyres very soon anyone know where i can get the following for a good price as in cheaper than the retail and not to far from Heathrow/Hounslow/Hays area:

Pirelli P6000

195/55/15

Thanks in advance

I always use www.blackcircles.com to help find the best prices in any particular locality.

Ron

My car is on Continentals - did 15,000 on each set of rears and 24,000 on fronts...

May try Michelin next - as they may last better on rears...any views?

I have to say, P6000s whilst not the best are certainly not the worst tyre out there, in their day they were ok for what they were. For the money there certainly are better tyres these days.

One thing though Gurpz - you should be fitting 195/65/15 onto your car, in the first post you've got a 55 profile listed which is much too small :)

Hounslow tyres are probably worth a try over in your area?

Good luck,

Will

Try Bracknell Tyres, or a bit futher away is Mitcheldever tyres....

I have also heard that pro-tyre in Slough is good, but not tried them as yet

Ian

I can second that: Bracknell Tyre and battery or Mitcheldever.
My tyre vote is for Continental SportContact 2

Tyre technology moves on and the P6000's are well off the pace these days.No surprise they have been around at least 10 years !
My E39 came with them and they are quite noisy.
The best all rounder is the Continental Premium Contact II. It came near the top in two recent German magazine tyre tests (tests that include interior sound measurements as well as the usual battery of wet and dry tests) and was rated best all rounder by Auto Express here.The Mk 1's Premium contacts where let down by a below average ride quality although v.good in other respects.
Given your car is a C180 and small tyre size avoid Sport Contacts they are not suitable.

adam

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, but I forgot to mention these are for the Honda thats why there 195/55/15 Will !

I have Barum Bravuris 225/45 R17 Von my c200k coupe, made by Continental but about 30% cheaper than sport contact 2's. Get a good right up to.

e

Oh well in that case anything will do..Go for the Pirellis..:D

Eastern european re-treads will do....:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom