New updates to C Class w205 2017: touch pad gone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbsilver

Car
Nissan QQ
Hi

I was looking at some photos and spotted a new 67 plate C Class and I noticed that the touchpad is gone ,leaving the rotary dial. so I contacted the branch where I am getting my new car and yes it is confirmed that this is the case from September onwards

So I seem to be buying a car that is different to what I thought!
Okay it won't sway me to cancel and having read the reviews about the touchpad I probably should be pleased - and I am.

So what other improvements is there on this 67 plate range ?

Still excited to take delivery of my new c class :)

Anyone else seen this or have a new 67 version ?

Thanks
Ken

The June 2017 brochure says that the touchpad comes with Comand as part of the PP Package - COMAND Online system with touchpad. The E Class brochure reads the same too. I posted a link in another thread regards the new functionality of Mercedes Me for June onward builds - https://www.mercedes-benz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Mmc-GTC-17B-EUR_engMarkup.pdf

Also take a look at this webpage - its a Daimler webpage detailing the latest functionality - New Mercedes me connect services: The connected car becomes your personal companion | marsMediaSite

Should have said - go to about page 11 on the first site - Mercedes Me functionality - the first 10 pages are just T&C's !

I used my touchpad on the first day. I say "used", I played with it. And haven't touched it since in 18 months. You aren't missing anything!

Absolutely agree. It's an irritating waste of space (in my opinion). Many times I or my wife have accidentally brushed against it and changed settings on satnav/radio...

Should have said - go to about page 11 on the first site - Mercedes Me functionality - the first 10 pages are just T&C's !

Thanks for the info. I have been told it’s been removed due too many complaints about how tricky it is to use

My question would be what functionality that was in the touchpad is now transferred to the rotary dial or steering wheel?

Whilst this sounds rather petty to some but for me paying for something that is different to my original test drive is bugging me. Especially if I go and collect the car and it ruins it for me.

From what I have read in this thread it might be a good thing to have it removed.

Thanks anyway guys
[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used my touchpad on the first day. I say "used", I played with it. And haven't touched it since in 18 months. You aren't missing anything!

Sounds it is okay then [emoji1305]

Absolutely agree. It's an irritating waste of space (in my opinion). Many times I or my wife have accidentally brushed against it and changed settings on satnav/radio...

It sounds like mb noted all the problems and removed it

No.

It’s just cost cutting.

COMAND gets the touch and wheel. Non COMAND gets the wheel alone.

This has been normal in other markets for some time.

I think that nothing is transferred - the dial does only what it always has done. The functions that I would really miss if I lost the trackpad would be the favourites and more importantly the shortcut to the radio pre-selects.

It's not really something I ever use, even with COMAND and customers don't seem to use it.

On the flip side, from facelift it's losing the wheel and will be touchpad only...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The functions that I would really miss if I lost the trackpad would be the favourites and more importantly the shortcut to the radio pre-selects.

Good point! I didn't think of those buttons as part of the pad, but I suppose they are. That really would be a retrograde step to lose those.
They need to adopt the BMW shortcut system. Eight numbered buttons which you can set to anything you like. Simple, quick and effective.

Good point! I didn't think of those buttons as part of the pad, but I suppose they are. That really would be a retrograde step to lose those.
They need to adopt the BMW shortcut system. Eight numbered buttons which you can set to anything you like. Simple, quick and effective.
Buttons are good! I like buttons. Bring back buttons. (Do you get the impression I like buttons?)

Hi

I was looking at some photos and spotted a new 67 plate C Class and I noticed that the touchpad is gone ,leaving the rotary dial. so I contacted the branch where I am getting my new car and yes it is confirmed that this is the case from September onwards

So I seem to be buying a car that is different to what I thought!
Okay it won't sway me to cancel and having read the reviews about the touchpad I probably should be pleased - and I am.

So what other improvements is there on this 67 plate range ?

Still excited to take delivery of my new c class :)

Anyone else seen this or have a new 67 version ?

Thanks
Ken
Hi Ken

Just collected a 67 plate c350e Saturday, lovely car but like you, noticed a few changes to my last C250d on 2015 plate. Still find familiarising myself with the features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom