New W205 Owner, any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sdr250d

Car
C250D AMG Line P Plus
As per the title have recently become a proud new owner of a 2017 W205 250d PP package. Coming from a long line of VW's and The odd Honda I'm really enjoying the Merc so far !

Having browsed and searched through some of the threads have found some interesting info and the odd tip (LED headlight range adjust, POI's for speed cams for COMAND) but wondered if you more expereinced owners have any top tips for minor improvements, functionality hidden features etc ? I've always liked to fully understand my cars and make the odd improvement where required.

So far my only add is A DTUK tuning box (which have run on my past 3 VW diesels and can't fault them) has improved power delivery, mid range and top end quite a bit. Getting up to 62mpg displayed (will be overeading due to box but calculated on last filll up to empty at 56mpg roughly 775miles on a 63 litre use, mainly motorway and mixed a/b roads but pretty good compared to my past VW' and considering it's a 1600KG + car, so far so good !

Anyway would love to hear any bodies tips or experiences with this model ?

They have a great water carrying feature just under the carpet where the main cables are routed.

Well if it thunderstorms as forecast tomorrow I will keep an eye out for that "feature" :crazy:

Never heard of that please expand, Ta!

Seems to be a problem with more than a few cars where apparently some gromit isn't installed which allows water to leak into the main cabin, and sits under the carpet. First tell tail sign is the windscreen fogging up in warm whether, or after you've washed the car. Mine had about 1.5-2 inches of water.
After some research it's not an uncommon 'feature' in the c class, but I do hope yours is fine, they are a nice car to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom