new wheeler dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wednesday evening on Discovery new Fast n' Loud also. Better programme too ;)

To be honest I used to much prefer Fast & Loud to Wheeler Dealers, but getting a bit fed up with it lately. Seems to be more the Richard Rawlings show than about cars nowadays.

This doesn't mean I won't be watching it though... and thanks for the heads up on Wheeler Dealers as well Markjames. :)

Like a bit of Wheeler Dealers

I saw it advertised last night, normally they tweet about it weeks beforehand

One of my favourite shows however, I wish they wouldn't 'preview' the car they are working on at the start, nor spend a huge chunk of time at the end getting dressed up as James Bond or going on very long test drives.

We want more detail of Ed's work!

One of my favourite shows however, I wish they wouldn't 'preview' the car they are working on at the start, nor spend a huge chunk of time at the end getting dressed up as James Bond or going on very long test drives.

We want more detail of Ed's work!

They did even start to show Ed doing some of the real work instead of farming out everything. Hope the trend continues.

8 "Ford Thunderbird"[5] 1 September 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
96 9 "Jaguar XJ-C" 8 September 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
97 10 "Audi TT" 15 September 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
98 11 "Volkswagen Type 2 "Splitscreen"" 22 September 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
99 12 "BMW Z1" 29 September 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
100 13 "Darracq" 6 October 2014
Work Completed:

Notes:
101 14 "Lincoln Continental"

Audi TT? WHY

Why not? Better than another yank car I've never heard of.

Too many commercial breaks with Mike Brewer recapping at the start of each segment. Becoming more like the Mike Brewer show and less about the cars and the workshop.

This time he even did a job (electric window retrofit) in the states with someone else. Why not bring the kit back for Ed to fit?

Sigh, 10secs in and we know what car, the price and what's wrong with it...
And?

The show is about how they buy the car, fix the car, show how they fixed the car and how much profit they make once they've sold the car.

If you want trepidation watch midsomer murders.

And?

The show is about how they buy the car, fix the car, show how they fixed the car and how much profit they make once they've sold the car.

If you want trepidation watch midsomer murders.

What's the point of watching if all the surprise 'plot' is revealed instantly?

The old episodes have a far better format.

Too many commercial breaks with Mike Brewer recapping at the start of each segment. Becoming more like the Mike Brewer show and less about the cars and the workshop.

Mike wrote about that on a blog last year and said he hates it, but it is part of the contract with Discovery as they sell it to the US and that is the format the US insist on. You see it on lots of other programmes and it is bloody annoying. Do American have the emory span of a goldfish or something?

What's the point of watching if all the surprise 'plot' is revealed instantly?

The old episodes have a far better format.

There is a bit more to the show than that, both old and new.

Surprise plot?

What exactly were you expecting once you have seen one episode?

They have nearly all been for sale on ebay in the last few months..

I always think "Wonder what Ed China's hourly labour rate is--- and are they VAT registered?" Perhaps what's more to the point is how much is each episode worth when you take all the franchising/reruns into account?----- but I still enjoy the programme.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom