New wipers from MB squeek

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
New blades from MB Squeeking and not wiping all of the area

Screen was cleaned etc before fitting

Old wiper blades were better

Bought them a few weeks ago, do I have a right to return them? Due to squeezing, not wiping entire area, and not sliding correctly into arm

I have now come to Halfords at bought a Bosch set for £44 fitted.

Cheers

I had a great pair of Bosch wiper blades on my S320,they have just started to act like your ones,I suspect the salt thats been spraying all over the screen over the last few weeks has affected the rubber or whatever they are made of ,on a run from Cambridge to Harwich on Sunday the drivers side was skidding and juddering,I will give the screen and the blades a good cleaning and see if it makes a difference.

New blades from MB Squeeking and not wiping all of the area

I had a great pair of Bosch wiper blades on my S320,they have just started to act like your ones,I suspect the salt thats been spraying all over the screen over the last few weeks has affected the rubber or whatever they are made of
My MB blades started to act the same in last two weeks. It must be a wiper blades curse thrown upon us.
Spray some WD40 on the windshield....What !? , what's wrong with that ? Just a month ago we had someone on here spraying WD40 on his brake discs to stop the rusting so it must be OK for windscreens. :dk:
Some say WD40 is also good for healing a sore throat. Haven’t tried it yet though. But I like this idea of spraying on a windscreen. ;)

Or put a spacer on the wiper pivot point to space the wiper away so it doesnt squeak across the windscreen

7_FCD689_B-71_DA-476_A-9_F09-9_E4_EF37_B7631.png

It almost sounded like it was coming from the arm joint, I sprayed it with lithium grease. However the fact that it changes depending on the level of water on the screen makes me think blades

Chaps, I had made 2 threads. Here is the info from that.

My new wiper blades are squeaking like ****ing crazy!!!!!! I’m going to go insane

I tried OEM blades first, they squeaked so badly, and it left one area without being wiped.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought it was the blade being defective.

So I then visited Halfords and buy a set of BOSCH for £42 which wasn’t cheap but if it was squeak free I would be happy...

No no no!!! These squeak too!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am going mad :(

I have tried:

- clean the glass with washing up liquid
- clean the blades with washing up liquid
- clean with glass cleaner
- polish the windscreen with SRP
- spray lithium grease on the wiper mechanism

The squeak only happens on the upstroke. I’m going mad! Help me please

It becomes less loud when the screen is very very wet.

The old ones didn’t squeak!!!!!!! Noooooooooo

Any help greatly appreciated, please save me :D

I have some RainX if you want to borrow it to try?

Cut a potatoe into slices use these to clean the grease off the glass, rinse off with water.

Turn up the radio or sell the car :p No seriously, you must be properly peed off , especially as the old blades didn't squeal . I have no answer, clean the windshield with vodka ? leave at least half in the bottle for yourself in case it doesn't work.

Try it with washer jets on as if its raining.

Turn up the radio or sell the car :p No seriously, you must be properly peed off , especially as the old blades didn't squeal . I have no answer, clean the windshield with vodka ? leave at least half in the bottle for yourself in case it doesn't work.

Haha tell me about it mate! Wasted a whole day today trying to sort it out, and need to be up at 5am. For **** sake :p

Pull both wipers up off the glass and see if its the mechanism or the blades.

Do they still move when lifted off glass?
Sure do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom