Newbie alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StirCrazy

Car
2005 SLK 350
Hi, I'm Steve and just signed up to to find out about the MB SLK 350.

I've had a few interesting cars in my time including a GSi Carlton, Dodge Charger, and two Imprezas - most recently a 2005 STi that I tuned up to 500 bhp. I also spent over 10 years drag racing with the Charger and a 750bhp Chrysler powered Ford Pinto. So I have an interest in cars.

I'm looking to buy a 350 SLK, particularly one made between 2004 and 2006. I have read the 272 engine thread so I'm aware of the balance shaft and solenoid issues, but any advice will be gratefully received.

Well I have been a member of a few car forums, as well as forums concerned with other interests. But I have to say this has been the most astonishing welcome I have received from any of them. 69 views and not one reply!
For the record I bought an SLK so maybe I'll fit in now.

It's not normal and nothing aimed at you, I usually do a welcome but missed your post.

A belated welcome and don't be sad, I have been on here since 2014 and the odd post of mine has not had the response I had hoped for but that's just the way it goes.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember those views are not all people.

It's not normal for an intro to go 5 days with no replies, don't take it personally, it just fell through the cracks somehow.

I take it you're in USA?

It's a UK forum, so advice might differ a bit depending on the question.

Welcome nonetheless. :)

Belated welcome, am sure you will find it a good forum despite your initial slow burn!

Ah, that's better. Thanks for the replies.
No I'm not in the USA, Northants actually, just haven't yet got around to filling in the profile details.
This car ticks a few 'firsts' for me, first German car and therefore my first MB, first 2 seater, and first convertible.
The car I bought is a 2005 model. I deliberately went for a pre '06 to avoid the tax hike, but couldn't justify the higher prices for post '08 cars for what will essentially be a hobby interest vehicle. The car only arrived today so I'm still finding out what all the toys do, but first impressions are that I should have done this a while ago.

Thanks again for the welcomes. I was beginning to wonder if my astounding car history had put you all off ;-)

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom