Newbie thinking about C63 AMG Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Hi all, New to forum and currently driving an Audi SQ5. Will probably change soonish and thinking about the new C63 AMG Estate. Would appreciate some advice from owners especially where to get decent discounts if I decide to buy new:thumb:

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, New to forum and currently driving an Audi SQ5. Will probably change soonish and thinking about the new C63 AMG Estate. Would appreciate some advice from owners especially where to get decent discounts if I decide to buy new:thumb:

Thanks in advance.

Get the old one if you can ;)
Welcome to the forum.

Depending on budget the latest w205 is better, I've owned 3 x w204 versions, wonderful cars, all estates, but the latest one takes a bit of getting used to but overall I prefer it.

Prepare to watch your fuel bill quadruple and then some, especially coming from a V6 diesel ;) Are you looking at the 6.2 or the 4.0 BiTurbo?

Prepare to watch your fuel bill quadruple and then some, especially coming from a V6 diesel ;) Are you looking at the 6.2 or the 4.0 BiTurbo?

I came out of an SQ5 into a C63 estate. The SQ is a great car but its not in the same league as the C63. As for fuel, i was averaging 28 to the gallon in the SQ and 21 in the C63. My only gripe was the size of fuel tank on the C63. Test drive one and you will get the AMG bug

Hi, Thanks for the info re fuel economy. Incidentally, is your C63 the 6.2 or 4.0 model? I currently average 33.6 MPG but do lots of motorway driving so not too bad. Assume if yours is the 6.3 then the 4.0 should show much better figures?

It was the 6.2 so the BiTurbo will do better, my BiTurbo E-Class betters the 6.2
You should see 26-28 on a motorway run, keeping the law happy!
My mate took the SQ off me and he averages 36mpg around the country lanes, he drives like Roy Cropper though

Well I am not quite that bad but its easy to exploit the Bi-T in the Audi and the sound is addictive (albeit false) but not too bad on a big engine car bit pathetic on something smaller I guess. Did you buy new if so are there deals to be had at the moment? Also what are the must haves to spec up 19'' wheels for instance worth the effort as with my SQ5 I have 21'' so used to the non-standard size?

Last edited:
Both my C63 and the E63 were used. The E63 for me is by far the better car, ride, comfort and finnish. I dont know of any deals on the BiTurbo C63 as its the current model and any used fetch strong money. The E-Class has been replaced with the next generation, the estate version is just becoming availabe i believe but the BiTurbo wont be available until next year so the S205 model is still current for now. I think there are offers because obviously its being faded out.

Prices through some on-line sites eg Drive the Deal/CarWow are coming in around £7,000 under list. Anyone dealt with the Ridgeway Group in/around Southampton as they appear to deal with many marques so maybe can do a deal on a trade in on my SQ5?

I have had my C63s estate for around 6 months now and love it, a few tweaks and I'm running 565bhp. I would suggest getting the standard wheels and just buying a set yourself a some after market as they tried to charge me 4K.

Actually the jump from 18'' to 19'' is just £595 through Mercedes. Not bad?

Hi, Have been looking at Mercedes Used cars on-line and few 6-8 month old C63s's are around £60,000 with few options from main Merc dealers. Is this a good price or will it be better to stick to the non-s model and push for a discount?

You should be able to get around £7k off a non-S model, you can get over £5k off by taking a small amount of finance (see the new car offers) and then push for a couple of grand more.

My non-S saloon came in at just over £57k, with metallic paint, premium pack, 19" 5 spokes, performance exhaust and privacy glass. Discounts on Estates are similar but the Coupe less so. I understand that the standard seats are much more comfortable than the AMG Performance seats too.

Well still haven't taken the plunge as the C63 is stretching my budget. Have had a test drive in a C63s though. Nice... But am now lowering my sights a little and the C43 AMG Estate looks OK and after a test drive I quite like it. Not sure whether its a step up from my SQ5 or about the same. The handling is clearly better as you would expect comparing an SUV with a sports estate and it has extra power and composure. Anyone else been in this position?

Well still haven't taken the plunge as the C63 is stretching my budget. Have had a test drive in a C63s though. Nice... But am now lowering my sights a little and the C43 AMG Estate looks OK and after a test drive I quite like it. Not sure whether its a step up from my SQ5 or about the same. The handling is clearly better as you would expect comparing an SUV with a sports estate and it has extra power and composure. Anyone else been in this position?

Step up in which respect?

Well mainly in the drivability and desirability department really. The C43 certainly has more power and 4 wheel drive so will do all my SQ5 does but I'm thinking that it will also be much more sport like than my SUV on the open road and the twisty bits. And to be fair the interior of my car is starting to look dated as the Q5 design has been around for some years now.

Drivability: I would say about the same: one of the best diesel performance engines, stacked up against a latest generation forced induction V6. Personally I prefer the noise, feel and power delivery of a petrol so for me it has the edge. I had an A6 with the Bi TDi engine by the way.

Desirability: I would say about the same: SUVs and especially fast SUVs seem to be more popular than ever, but an outgoing model fast SUV versus a recently launched estate seems like a fair match. Desirability being influenced by the desirer's preference.

I'm guessing you mean desirability from the perspective of other people, as you probably know how desirable you find both cars yourself. If that's the case, don't think twice. You're the one who'll be looking at it, sitting in it, driving it, and paying for it, so go for what makes you happy not what you think might make others happy ;)

Good luck with whatever you decided.

Well it's a dilemma really as normally change my car every 2 years or so and the SQ5 although a good car is starting to show its age and the new gen Q5 arrives next year and maybe had enough of SUV's a while as this one is my third!! Not to mention the anticipated hike in VED rates for cars over £40,000 which may force an early decision on my part and frankly fancy something different but need a load carrier and 4x4 is a plus. Really tempted to go for the C43 Estate and can get a 11% discount so need to put around £11,500 plus my 2015 SQ5 to seal the deal. Decisions, decisions.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom