Newbie with sat nav question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBYorkie

Car
2014 C220
Hi all, my first question on here so here goes.

I'm looking to update my sat nav on my 2014 c220. I've priced it up with MB and also with command online, but the prices are miles apart. One is offering the discs cheaper and the other is offering the code a lot cheaper! Can I buy the discs from one place and the code from the other. thanks in advance.

If your satnav maps live on the HDD then probably going dealer will be cheaper. Mine are stored on the comand HDD and had them updated a month or so ago at a total cost of £110 inc VAT. That was at the Peterborough main dealer. No need to purchase discs etc, MB stick the disc, enter the code, writes data to the HDD and it's done a few hours later.

As your car is 2014, you could still be within the 3 years free map updates period, and if the car has been serviced by an MB main dealer in the past they should have updated the maps for you FOC. Worth checking the car history! Main dealers have a history of "forgetting" this as it ties up a service bay for a couple of hours so they can't use the bay nfor chargeable work!

As your car is 2014, you could still be within the 3 years free map updates period, and if the car has been serviced by an MB main dealer in the past they should have updated the maps for you FOC. Worth checking the car history! Main dealers have a history of "forgetting" this as it ties up a service bay for a couple of hours so they can't use the bay nfor chargeable work!

IME MB dealers don't do the updates. On my 2009 and 2012 ML's I had to ask for the updates to be done and even then I had excuses for why they didn't do them. I have ended up booking the ML's in specifically for the updates. Of course I don't bother now that the 3 year grace period has expired.

Don't think they use a bay. When mine was done I found out to my amusement it had stood idling for 2 and a bit hours. I don't think they will leave a diesel car running in the workshop for that long with the fumes it emits. And if it were in the shop surely they would have put it on a tricle charger to avoid the exact same thing they did in the first place.

Thanks for the replies, it definitely hasn't been updated. The version is 2013/2014 (V9.0).
I've heard about the free updates and find it strange it hasn't been done as all the servicing has been done by MB, but as others have said if you don't ask you don't get. The car was registered in March 2014 so don't suppose it will qualify now for the free ones. Will check again with my local dealer as mine is stored on the HDD, to see if they will just update it for me without buying the discs to save a bit of money. They want £83.33 (+v.a.t.) for the discs alone.

If your local dealer is the one that did the earlier servicing, they should update for free as they've failed to update while servicing the car. However, if it's not your local dealer, maybe your local dealer can organise something either with the dealer that did the servicing or with MB customer services in Milton Keynes.

Unfortunately not, I'm in York and the servicing was done in Wolverhampton and Glasgow. I'll ask anyway maybe they'll do it as a good will gesture (I won't hold my breath).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom