Next car dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roberus

Car
CLK320 CDi Sport (AMG kit)
Currently running 2009 CLK230 CDi Sport with AMG pack.

Absolutely love the car but as I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to cars (20 in last 12 years) I've been looking for potential next Mercedes for the new year.

Shortlist was: SL55 AMG - but not sure I can live with the costs
E350 CDi coupe Sport
Or. CLS350 CDi which I've heard good things about

All very different (hence dilemma). Discounting the SL55 does anyone think I'm actually getting more than what I already have for the extra money the last two will cost me to purchase or should I stick with the CLK?

I know it's my personal choice but all thoughts appreciated.

Also....does anyone have an iPhone 6 and is it compatible with the dongle thing in glovebox?

Also want to sort out playing iPhone music through Comand and watch video (whilst parked) . A friend said I need to go to Merc main dealer to sort these issues out (if I keep the car).

Thanks in advance

Rob

What about a CLK convertible which solved my dilemma as I had previously owned a CLK coupé.
I did consider a CLS but that air suspension put me off, but then again I think your budget sounds a little healthier than mine so maybe the newer ones are OK.

There should certainly be options to get an iphone playing through your CLK command system. I'd contact Command Online rather than a dealer though. I've used these guys before and they are excellent.

Plus one on the command online link, those guys are the experts.

I do however have my Iphone 6 connected the same way the Iphone 5 was.

If you have the phone port in the glove box or below the arm rest and the lead to connect to a phone you need to obtain the apple adaptor to be able to use the iphone 5/6. PC world or currys normally sell these. Dont be tempted to save a few quid using ebay as these dont work.....from experience!!:(

ATB
R

If you're true to form then you'll flip it shortly after 6 months, so buy wisely and you may have zero running costs apart from fuel, tax and insurance, so get the AMG!

Sorted out iPod/iPhone 6 - bought a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack and using my old iPod in glove box. Not ideal but at least it works.

To have this integrated in COMAND and to have the iPhone 6 working too I need to spend £449 https://www.commandonline.co.uk/mcar_umi.html

So that's the next dilemma then.....is it worth it? Will have a good think!

I've had my CLS cdi for 5 days and I'm totally in love! I also have changed frequently in the past from sports, to hot hatch and exec saloons but that CLS has something about it that no other has had jag XJ's and 5 series BM are very good but the cls is everything they are plus so much style and Waaay more class! I find myself just standing looking at it like a plank!
All that said I would love to have an sl55 one day!:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom