NGT1 Nav Disk Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Hi All,

Got a 2014 DVD Europe to update my 2009 W211 Comand, dealership tech guy said it might take up to 1/2 hour, might error, might just refuse as its upgrading from too far back.

Well I followed instructions.....key in ignition setting 2, switch Nav on, then remove old DVD and insert new.....all good, 2 bars across screen stating updating. Lasted about 2 mins then unit switched off......left it 5 mins nothing so switched unit back on and it started as normal......switched ignition off, locked car left it 5 mins then back in ignition on, all started as normal and worked perfectly well, guided me to Rugby today no problem.

So question is has it really fully updated in 2 mins?.....does it retain old maps in memory.....should I just stop worrying about it?? :confused:

Cheers

Did you actually get an NTG1 COMAND DVD? If your car build date is 07/2008 or later, you should have NTG 2.5 where it would take much longer to download all maps data.

Shame its not the Cd as I really want one of those but they seem alot of money to update an outdated system.

Diesel Benz said:
Did you actually get an NTG1 COMAND DVD? If your car build date is 07/2008 or later, you should have NTG 2.5 where it would take much longer to download all maps data.
Apparently it's a 2008 build car on a 2009 registration. Bought DVD from comand on line uk they checked vin and said definitely NGT1 :-(

As its NTG1, 2 minutes is about right. It loads the navigation processor firmware from the disk. It then access the disk for mapping - almost nothing is stored in memory when not navigating

R

richard said:
As its NTG1, 2 minutes is about right. It loads the navigation processor firmware from the disk. It then access the disk for mapping - almost nothing is stored in memory when not navigating R

Ok Thanks, the Mercedes Tech threw me with his could take 30mins..... Would have thought he should have known it was NGT1!
Will stop worrying and carry on enjoying the car :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom