Nice dilemma - GTR replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lennox

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GTD /A6 Ultra - Merc next time!!
So as the title asks, what do you replace a 2010 Nissan GTR with???
Not me but a good friend is trying to work out what to replace his 5 year old daily driver, that he's had since new. We were at the local dealer reveal of the 2017 GTR, that's the default purchase but I threw in the 2016 Audi RS6 as a potential option and his head is turning.
So? budget of up to £85k doesn't need to be practical (has a Tesla for that) and under warranty beneficial...

New and 85 big ones, it's got to be another GTR, surely? I'm no help..:D

It is nice......

75b7acfd65f406fab6d7419feaf3fd12.jpg
fa7a0f52d0ca7012a786b34a5f66f429.jpg

690cfc14f95764cd8e420bcf49251e85.jpg

But the black Recaro interior and burnt orange paint
M
ab0dc135de264f1510f795654677dcd2.jpg

dee8c155c85a50357b8758697e864d7c.jpg

Bottom end = Audi RS5

Toppish = Audi R8 Spyder

Hard pressed to beat a GTR for aggressive road holding and bang for buck

It looks like a GTR (a brute) and that's cool. ;)

I was driven around in one back in 2009/10 on the West coast of Ireland while on hols. Think tarmac rally stages, the car was just awesome with a capital 'A'. I'll never forget the experience.

Is there anything that can touch the '17 model for the money?

It looks like a GTR (a brute) and that's cool. ;)

I was driven around in one back in 2009/10 on the West coast of Ireland while on hols. Think tarmac rally stages, the car was just awesome with a capital 'A'. I'll never forget the experience.

Is there anything that can touch the '17 model for the money?

That's the dilemma.... He's done 5 years in it and before he orders it (intro cost deal on) I have this weekend to persuade him otherwise. I liked the GTR it's a beast, the modifications are nice and needed but is there something more fitting? I'm a 911 turbo guy, he's not really... R8s are nice but a bit too footballer I think for him. (Although there were a few there last weekend.)

S class coupe at under a year for an S500 or circa 18 months old for an S63.

Bentley GT Continental at circa 30 months old if he wants a step up in class for a change.

S class coupe at under a year for an S500 or circa 18 months old for an S63.

Bentley GT Continental at circa 30 months old if he wants a step up in class for a change.

The Bentley was discussed but one of our other neighbours has a new V8s and he's not a fan.

And the mercs maybe a bit too at the fat GT end..

Just came across the M6 Grandcoupe?? Again don't know it's that special (Jesus what am I saying...?!?) but against the GTR it will depreciate like a stone.

If it's depreciation he's bothered about then his options are the GTR or a Porsche, everything else is absurd, I found this when looking for my own car. As much as I liked Aston Martin's, S class Coupes and Bentley's I wanted a new car so I could order it to my spec and I just couldn't stomach £50K in the first year of depreciation.

The only other car that springs to mind is the new Honda NSX but imagine that's over budget.

If it's depreciation he's bothered about then his options are the GTR or a Porsche, everything else is absurd, I found this when looking for my own car. As much as I liked Aston Martin's, S class Coupes and Bentley's I wanted a new car so I could order it to my spec and I just couldn't stomach £50K in the first year of depreciation.

The only other car that springs to mind is the new Honda NSX but imagine that's over budget.

He's smart with his cash so depreciation is of course a risk...

Just think if you were one of the lucky Holy Trinity buyers (918, P1 & La Ferrari) you could exit now doubling your cash!!

Just think if you were one of the lucky Holy Trinity buyers (918, P1 & La Ferrari) you could exit now doubling your cash!!

The thing is most of the buyers of this type of car are buying the car as opposed to an investment (there are of course exceptions) the fact it happens to appreciate is a pleasant bonus.

I have a feeling the NSX could be a canny buy.

You think??? It's nothing particularly special....

I would far rather have a used Ferrari or McLaren.?? No??

I would far rather have a used Ferrari or McLaren.?? No??

An older Ferrari yes, 550 or 575 but nothing newer than that. They lost their appeal for me when they became play station cars like the GTR and the mid engined cars leave me a little cold.

McLaren, no thanks, did you see how Maff (the owner of this forum) got on with his?

No I didn't and k have heard a few bad stories, never mind the crazy fast changing model releases killing all residuals. Still way out of my pocket reach though!

The thing Honda have always had is astonishing reliability. Also one of Nissan's strong points.

Something many of the super premium brands would die for.

Not quite translated into F1 yet though!

Yes. I adore McLaren. It's sad seeing them do so poor. Button has been an amazing ambassador for the team and F1 in general. I think he's very much liked by all the drivers. He comes across really well on interviews and does masses for his charity. (Mainly triathlons). I hope he gets a great car before he retires.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom