Nice Picture of Shanklin Olde Village Isle of wight in the Snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
29366407_10215916139838440_7710375059860226048_o.jpg

Pretty place, I imagine that it looks on form in any weather.

Just missing the Dickensian figures. Fabulous!

Nice photo Eddie.
I can see the island nearly every day but have only visited once about 50 years ago.
Time I paid another visit.

I can see the island nearly every day but have only visited once about 50 years ago.
It should all look very familiar then Roger, as it's only recently adjusted to the 1970's ;)

Great picture, Eddie - thanks :thumb:

Beautiful photo. We went to the Splyglass Inn in Ventnor my birthday dinner in around 2006, and the duck pool further up that road (towards Ventnor) was frozen over, surrounded by a light sprinkling of snow. i seem to remember locals telling us it was the first time in 12 years that it had happened. Beautiful.

I remember that - we stayed 3 nights in an hotel just up the road and left to the coast, a Groupon deal that unknown to us our daughter's in-laws had also used! Hotel was OK, but food was not.

Absolutely stunning picture with all the feature of old England on show

That's a cracking picture of a really pretty place. Been there many a time albeit in the summer, looks even more picturesque in the snow! :)

Great photo, good submission. Rare to see snow on "The Island." OK, I'm ready for Spring now.....

Thanks for all the nice comments, I copied it from our local paper so credit due is to whoever took the photograph. I just had to share it as its so lovely.

Our favourite IOW bar - No 64 - is very close by...

[panto] behind you [/panto]

Thanks for all the nice comments, I copied it from our local paper so credit due is to whoever took the photograph. I just had to share it as its so lovely.

It's a pity you didn't share the credit with whoever you "copied" it from in your first post.

We've just returned from a weekend staying in Shanklin. The Village Inn in the picture does good food.

This is probably one of the nicest outdoor photographs I've seen recently. Credits to whoever took it (lucky sod).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom