No difference after remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bini-q

Car
Mercedes S55 K AMG, E320 CDI
Hi I have a 57 plate e280 cdi sport and as we know they are a bit slow so I thought remap will bring a smile on my face especially after speaking to a local tuner he told me that the remap will increase the power from 190bhp to 260bhp and torque to 570. Ok long story short he came plugs OBD some 45 min later it's done. I tried it and I could see a very small difference but not 70bhp difference but was told that give it 2-3 days for the car to get used to the extra power, after 3 days Yes it did improve slightly but still nothing near where it should be. So I call him and tell him that the map is not making much difference and he says ok I'll come and pit on a slightly more power focused map. Does that I try the car and the car is like standard with no power gain whatsoever, so he plugs in his diagnostics and comes up with dpf needs to be regenerated and he does it with his computer but still nothing then he says there is a problem with EGT sensor and that's what is stopping the power.
Is that something that could be the problem or is he just having me on?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He is having you on.
Did he remove the ECU to do the mapping?
You were never going to see another 70bhp from a simple tune on that engine.
Even supercharged engines won't gain that much from just a remap.

Ask for it to be returned to stock and get a refund. Then have a word with Acid at MSL Birmingham. He will give you the correct info on what can be achieved on that engine.

I think the figures are achievable, but from a 320cdi. The 280cdi ECU needs to be removed to take it to the 320cdi potential.

Someone on here had same map with Celtic, claiming 290bhp. Long story short, the ECU was just flashed and not removed, the car was showing 220bhp on the dyno.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celtic have a rep for over-inflated claims.

I've had two diesels mapped, 115 bhp to 140 and 130 to 170.

However you should concentrate more on torque. My Bora pd130 went from 225 to 290lbft.

Being diesel where I saw the benefit was midrange acceleration, 3rd gear 30-70 increased massively, I could overtake in a gear higher than before.

So in a way there is no chance of getting good power without removing ecu?

So in a way there is no chance of getting good power without removing ecu?

Yeah, you won't reach full potential on the 280cdi without opening the ecu.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

He is having you on.
Did he remove the ECU to do the mapping?
You were never going to see another 70bhp from a simple tune on that engine.
Even supercharged engines won't gain that much from just a remap.

Ask for it to be returned to stock and get a refund. Then have a word with Acid at MSL Birmingham. He will give you the correct info on what can be achieved on that engine.
He never removed ecu it was done through obd, I know that acid is very good but finding time to go there is easier said than done that's why I opted for the local tuner

Out of interest, why does the ECU need opening? It is EDC16 which should be flashable. EDC17 is BDM only.

Out of interest, why does the ECU need opening? It is EDC16 which should be flashable. EDC17 is BDM only.
280cdi & 320cdi is the same engine. The difference is that the 280cdi ecu is restricted to a lower output than 320cdi.

To remove the restriction, it must be physically opened (I don't know the specifics of what work is done on the internals).

The 280cdi can still be flashed, but the restriction remains in force, therefore it's impossible to achieve 320cdi remap figures on 280cdi with a simple flash.

I only know this from research on this forum and haven't had any experience with either.

He never removed ecu it was done through obd, I know that acid is very good but finding time to go there is easier said than done that's why I opted for the local tuner

Who was it out of interest...?

Who was it out of interest...?

I am not going to name and shame but it was a local tuner from gloucester using Quantum tuning maps

I am not going to name and shame but it was a local tuner from gloucester using Quantum tuning maps

It's not naming & shaming, it's advising other members of the community who may run into the issues with the same tuner.

The shame aspect would be totally reliant on how the issue is dealt with by the tuner.

Your call - hope it gets sorted!

Acid had my Friends e280cdi mapped, They Opened the Ecu and Mapped it., With our Bigger cooler fitted it achieved 299 Bhp

Herishi on here is the Owner

Almost bang on. I actually got 2bhp more than they quoted [emoji23]
That's good!

Have to admit that always thought that their figures look a little too good to be true, but fair play [emoji106]

Acid had my Friends e280cdi mapped, They Opened the Ecu and Mapped it., With our Bigger cooler fitted it achieved 299 Bhp

Herishi on here is the Owner
What cooler did you have dude? Never seen an upgrade for the om642, sounds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom