no mot, out by 3 days fixed penalty help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the end of the day, it seems that all that matters is the nicking of some one regardless of the circumstances. Many offences have been changed to become what are known as ' absolute ' offences, where no defence can be offered , even in mitigation.

Was this the first MOT.?

A Policemans job is to report fact to the CPS who then make a decision. Other than roadside fixed penalty notices a Policeman isn't Judge and Jury.

I doubt it can be ignored once the 'producer' is written.

Well I didn't get a straight answer - what about Lord Fourmile?

Do you think this was sent to the CPS? or was just a fixed penalty?

Yep, I keep my paperwork up to date, part of life isn't it? I don't like troublesome plod - having had a very negative experience I make a point of not having anything that can possibly come back and give me grief.

And yes, I empathise with the OP, I don't thing he was done something "seriously wrong" and that he should be thankful nothing happened - now he knows what to expect from the police and should be aware that as a motorist he will get no latitude for any infringements because he is basically 99% legal - and he can pay.

Do I think if his attitude was reasonable that he should have been given a warning - yes I do. But then in the future I won't possibly need his assistance.

Just as an interesting issue almost on the same thing.

I drove my SL for almost one year without telling the insurance company that the number had changed.

I only found out when I tried to tax the car online where it said no valid insurance

You didn't make a mistake did you - call the moderators, have this post deleted. Next thing you will be nicking valve cores from Sainsburys.

You were very wrong, and you should take this as a warning and we will be asking the police to proceed - the offense is absolute. Thankfully there was no incident and no one was hurt.

Do you think this was sent to the CPS? or was just a fixed penalty?

I don't think this is covered under the fixed penalty scheme is it?

If so, surely he would've been issued with one at the roadside, not after failing to produce at a later date.

You didn't make a mistake did you - call the moderators, have this post deleted. Next thing you will be nicking valve cores from Sainsburys.

You were very wrong, and you should take this as a warning and we will be asking the police to proceed - the offense is absolute. Thankfully there was no incident and no one was hurt.

OK I will walk to tesco and buy a hot cooked chicken and start posting when I get back, being away so long will hit my post count hard, but it will serve as a punishmnent:rolleyes:

I don't know, but 20 years ago when I did the same thing I was told to go away and come back with a new MOT, then I would be cautioned and nothing would happen.

Strangely I have some respect for that policeman.

The car was roadworthy, but I was younger and a little more green than I am now.

Why make him bring the MOT in to the nick - they can check on the spot if he has a valid one - issue the penalty there and then.

OK I will walk to tesco and buy a hot cooked chicken and start posting when I get back, being away so long will hit my post count hard, but it will serve as a punishmnent:rolleyes:

Don't nick any valves cores while you are there - honestly.

You are going on yet again about the insurance company voiding the insurance - we can trawl through hundreds of pages about this where we see that it is extremely unlikely that this would happen. It is highly likely however that they won't pay out on own risks if the car wasn't roadworthy - they will still pay out on third party risks, even in fact if the policy is voided from inception due to for example non-disclosure..
Hi Fred,
Your at it again.

Yes I used the word insurance but by crikey I emphasised I was NOT referring to the author of this post and solely for your benefit I will emphasis this again. I was NOT referring to the author. From the posts this person has submitted, they appear to be sensible, mature and responsible. I have simply suggested, (very politely) that they did do something wrong. Of course it was just three days, I fully accept it was just three days, but please show me where he suggested he knew it had expired, or he had made an appointment to get it MOT'd. This person had a lapse of memory that I hold my hands up to being capable of. I also accept you will not read that last bit and have already pre judged me, but yes I am fully capable of forgetting most things.

Your next ramblings again say things I have NEVER said. My reference to insurance was only and again I emphasis ONLY referring to the guilty driver. Go back and read it. I only refer to the guilty driver because just like you, I accept that the third parties may well be compensated. I have only mentioned the guilty driver but you seem to enjoy accusing me of saying things that I would never dream of talking about.

I see no reason why we can't receive reminders about the MOT running out, but surely one day we must all leave the nest and take responsibility for our own actions!
It is so refreshing to read posts where folks hold their hands up and say, 'My fault, I forgot, lesson learnt'. Instead we read about it is always someone else who is to blame and we should be told what to do, when to do it, where to do it and how to do it :devil: :D :D (Fred there is humour it those remarks)

Now surprise, surprise
Going way off topic :devil:
I despise how the standard of policing has deteriorated. I fully understand folks frustration when they dial 999 and have to wait four hours for the police to attend the scene of a violent robbery, or folks waiting days for the police to respond to a householder that has been burgled. I will not and cannot defend this, IT IS WRONG. If police numbers are up, and crime is down, then what is our thin blue line doing? I will always defend the police when I feel the need, but you will find numerous posts where I go OTT against the ineptitude.

Now before you nit pick through my post I wll tell you it was wrote with a smile on my face and I am NOT having a go at you, I am not being judgemental and you are entitled to your opinion which I respect but please stop accusing me of saying things which I quite clearly have noit said, that is both unfair and not worthy of you.

Regards
John

I'm not sure what side of the bed you got out of this morning, but I suggest you get back in it and climb out of the other side.
If you had seen TV's post BEFORE he edited it, you would know why I said what I did.

I did see it.

I got out of bed to be accused of nicking valves cores out of Sainsbury's.

Hahaha Hehehe.

I don't know, but 20 years ago when I did the same thing I was told to go away and come back with a new MOT, then I would be cautioned and nothing would happen.

Well there you go then.

Typical of the namby-pamby hoity-toity hoi-poloi la-de-da attitude that left this country in the state is is today.

I knew someone was to blame.

:rolleyes:

Well there you go then.

Typical of the namby-pamby hoity-toity hoi-poloi la-de-da attitude that left this country in the state is is today.

I knew someone was to blame.

:rolleyes:

No, I left the country in the state it was long time ago misterrrrr. I go place where I buy polisi for one dollar misterrr and nobody molest your kids and give you hard time misterrr for load of tosh misterrr.

I sit and laugh at half hearted stipends trying to sort out a problem that is already rotten to the core.

Like I said if it was someone with a tweed suit and a new CLS 3 days late he wouldn't have been told he was "very wrong".

Fred you keep referring to this analogy, but a seem to forget a new CLS doesn't need an MOT!

Or are we arguing now that a 3 year old car is new, or 3 days out of MOT is not really out.

Fred you keep referring to this analogy, but a seem to forget a new CLS doesn't need an MOT!

Or are we arguing now that a 3 year old car is new, or 3 days out of MOT is not really out.

Hugh, it's not an analogy, it's a substitution . There is a difference. Now, perhaps those CLS banana shaped things weren't available 3 years ago, in which case my most sincere humble apologies, but if they were, imagine a ponsed up prig driving one and being 3 days late with the ticket - the usual suspects would be smarming themselves saying how terribly upsetting it was and posting silly smillies to console Lord Fourmile as to how unfortunate he was.

Instead, we have the citroen saxo kid who strayed from grace by three days, and he has committed a crime against humanity -

I got the hump with the pompous response he was given.

Hugh, if you need to join in, kindly take note of the dialogue that has already taken place.

Some times there is more 'pomp' on here than you get at a Royal wedding. I must be one of the few posters who doesn't have a Sir or a Lord in front of my real name.

Just as an interesting issue almost on the same thing.

I drove my SL for almost one year without telling the insurance company that the number had changed.

I only found out when I tried to tax the car online where it said no valid insurance

Malcolm - I did this too on my wifes car - two letters were the the wrong way round TY instead of YT ... so when I went to tax it online I had the same problem - quick call to my broker and new cert in post...

Now - insurance is a contract of utmost good faith - and therefore for an insurance company to decline to pay out because of a simple error - well it wouldnt happen...I know there are people who insist that insurance companies are always looking for reasont to get out of paying a claim - but in realilty they aren't ...as not all policemen are out pick up motorists on every silly error they make..If that was the case - just set up specs cameras every 500 m on the motorways and sit back and rack in the money...

Malcolm - I did this too on my wifes car - two letters were the the wrong way round TY instead of YT ... so when I went to tax it online I had the same problem - quick call to my broker and new cert in post...

Now - insurance is a contract of utmost good faith - and therefore for an insurance company to decline to pay out because of a simple error - well it wouldnt happen...I know there are people who insist that insurance companies are always looking for reasont to get out of paying a claim - but in realilty they aren't ...as not all policemen are out pick up motorists on every silly error they make..If that was the case - just set up specs cameras every 500 m on the motorways and sit back and rack in the money...

B****r me, it really is about simply being reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom