No of phones & bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
At weekend when got in car tutned on radio and saw it say connected to wifes phone, but not mine. Thought nothing of it.
Then I had a call and was on phone and not in using car kit, thought thats weird.
So i look and noticed the system can it seems only connect to 1 phone at a time, because when i changed it to use mine call transferred to car all ok.
got said mate to phone wife and yep on her phone not the car kit.

So, is this another wonderful 'feature' where a w204 2010 saloon ntg4 (i think) can only bluetooth to 1 phone at a time?

Neil

No Bluetooth system that I know of can connect to more than one device at a time. You may, however, have more than one device paired, perhaps it is "remembering" the last device it paired and connected too?

With odd Bluetooth behaviour I usually find that deleting and re-pairing is the best way to sort out issues.

That's what I thought bit my iphone5 definitely connects to both the viseeo and a seperate bt device at the same time.
Connects automatically too.

yes paired to both is working fine
BUT will only connect and work with car kit with the one selected. On my Mazda6 it would pair to both BUT it would work with car kit with either phone that rang if both were in car at same time.

When the car connects to a phone it also downloads that phone's contact list, which takes a finite amount of time. It cannot operate as a phone whilst downloading.

By the time it has completed the download you will have lost the call.

That's what I thought bit my iphone5 definitely connects to both the viseeo and a seperate bt device at the same time.
Connects automatically too.

That is interesting, my Galaxy S4 will show a list of devices it is paired with but if it is still , for instance, connected to the Bluetooth speakers in the kitchen then it will often not connect to the speakers in the sitting room without me "breaking" the first connection by switching Bluetooth off and on.

Possibly an Android "feature"or bug?

So, is this another wonderful 'feature' where a w204 2010 saloon ntg4 (i think) can only bluetooth to 1 phone at a time?
In short, yes.

Longer answer is that if only one of the paired phones is within range of the car when you switch on the ignition then that phone will reconnect automatically. If both phones are within range of the car when you switch on the ignition, the last active paired phone will reconnect. If you want to swap to the other phone in those circumstances you have to select it from the COMAND menu.

thank st13phil, not what i was after but getting to used the quirks of merc.

whitenemises, mine did not auto download any contacts from either phone, and wouldn't have wanted it to either. I did though upload key contacts myself using bluetooth business card send feature which was easy enough to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom