No refund after 6 months for policy cancellation on Classic car policy - beware !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Gents,

Had a classic car policy on one of my vehicles with Peter Best Insurance Services, which I sold, and was awaiting a refund for the remainder of the term.

Chased it up this morning to be told that in the smallprint it states that there is no refund after 6 months :mad:

Typical of insurance companies !

yeah ive had similar they have a cancellation /admin cost which exceeds the refund
..clever devils

Gents,

.......in the smallprint it states that there is no refund after 6 months :mad:

That's exactly what my wife told me after 6 months of marriage.

PS. Sorry to hear your news.

Gents,

Had a classic car policy on one of my vehicles with Peter Best Insurance Services, which I sold, and was awaiting a refund for the remainder of the term.

Chased it up this morning to be told that in the smallprint it states that there is no refund after 6 months :mad:

Hi,

To be fair to Peter Best you'll find the majority of classic car, limited mileage schemes have different cancellation terms compared to standard run of the mill policies. You're always best to check these types of thing when taking out your policy.

Regards,

Dan.

This is the way I see it:

I pay for 12 month's insurance.

If I cancel the policy after 6 months, the insurance company pocket the rest of the perod I've paid for.

Considering that the motorist is currently being stung soo badly when it comes to car insurance premiums, would you consider that fair ?

The same amount of administration is conducted whether you have the policy for one year or six months...can they get the cost of the administration back? No. So you pay.

What was the previous policy for classic refunds ? -as for standard policies it
was just a month more at 7 months
Car insurers in rip off shocker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom