Nokia 6090 handsfree upgrade to bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

songalo

Car
CL500
Hi guys, I am new in this forum and maybe this subject has come up and you guys may have a straight answer for it.

I've got a 2001 CL500. This came from factory with nokia 6090 handsfree kit which plugs in to a rj50 socket inside the armrest. I am looking at options to upgrade this and have some sort of bluetooth device installed, but cannot find much for information for the setup I have.
Some of the questions I have are the following:

Can I install a UHI connector plugged by a cable to the rj50 socket and then just get a bluetooth adapter for UHI?

Can I get a cable to go from the rj50 socket to a Nokia 6210 6310 cradle and then just get a bluetooth adaptor for this cradle (seen many adaptors on line for these nokia cradle models)?

Or is it all more complicated than this?

I am open to suggestions as of right now I do not know in which way to go!

See on the photo what I have right now.

Thanks

Attachments

• p8356887_24x.jpg
    p8356887_24x.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 7
The system needs replacing by UHI. Not even the wiring is same between that and the UHI system sadly :-(

Then you need to add a bluetooth adapter. This is currently a problem as the Viseeo (MB4+) does no longer work with D2B cars reliably, and the Mercedes HFP never worked. So you have to but the old viseeo MB-2 to make it work (which has been out of production for a while, but works well)

Richard

Is there any replacement kit available in the market?

Do you mean I need to replace the whole wiring? Is there any step by step guide on how to get it done?

I have seen some MB-2 for sale on line, but there are not many around.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom