Nokia 6310 cradle from W211 to a CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effbee584

Car
Jag XF 3.0S and 10 yr old Micra 1.2 auto with Air Con.
I am changing from a MY2003 W211 to a MY 2007 CLS.
In the W211 I have a working Nokia 6310i fitted in an armrest cradle.
If I remove the cradle, will it fit into the CLS?
Are the connectors the same?
The CLS is pre-wired for a phone but does not have a cradle of any type.
I am keen to keep the cradle because I actually use a bluetooth Viseeo with my iphone, and it works beautifully, and would prefer not to buy a new cradle.
The CLS is many miles away, so I cannot just look for myself.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I do think that you can unclip the cradle from a 2003 W211 If it has the curly lead. You could probably buy a suitable clip in cradle for the Viseeo.

Take a look on the comand online website, or wait for Alfie to answer your question for the definative reply.

Thanks SL-300-24 ( a sweet engine if ever there was one!)
I looked as it was getting dark but it looks easy to remove, its the fitment into a later car I am uncertain about.
I won't see the CLS until I collect it mid next week, it would be a shame to remove cradle if its not suitable, the next owner may as well benefit from it.

If it's the plug in type there's a little black rubber button near the top left of the cradle that needs pushing in (use a pen) to release it, pull towards rear of the car

The 2003 Euro car would have a Nokia kit, the 2007 car would have UHI, even the control unit is different (if there is any).

Completely different system as DB says. The W211 had a fixed cradle system and the CLS will have the newer UHI so no your old cradle is no use and couldnt even be connected in the CLS.

For the CLS you will need a bluetooth cradle (Viseeo MB-2 or MB-3, Mercedes HFP) or the iphone cradle for the UHI system.

Choosing Bluetooth Cradle for European Mercedes Vehicles

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Cradles & Bluetooth Adapters

You can get a 6310(i) UHI cradle so you can continue to use the Viseeo MBU1000 you currently have but your better off just selling it and getting one of the above.

Last edited:
the nokia cradle should be pretty cheap these days on ebay though? didn't think anyone still used them ( though i seem to have a d600 samsung cradle and uhi bluetooth puck lying around in a drawer somewhere.... need to ebay them)

Thanks everyone, I'll be leaving the cradle and nokia 6310i in the car for the next owner, will put Viseeo MB 1000 on ebay. MB 2 it will have to be.

Its already on eBay, item number: 130641613840

and has reached £83 with 6 days to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom