Nokia cradle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevellew

Car
53 plate ML270 inspiration
Does anyone know if it is possible to move the Nokia, cradle, from the passenger side dash to inside the centre armrest on a 2003 c220 if so could you give me some pointers please thanks steve.

Ok then may be I can explain a bit better it ain't my best point explaining things sorry, what I want to do is take the Nokia cradle from the passenger side and put it out of site in the centre armrest, but are the wires long enough to do this and can the wires come away from the cradle so that can be re routed. My reason for moving it out of site to the centre armrest is I want to pair it with a viseeO BT there and leave it all out of site

It was an option to have it in the centre armrest - i.e a few cars came with it next to the stereo, and the others in the armrest

There is a loom and centre console parts available to install it in the centre armrest - you then have holes in the panel next to the stereo, but that panel is also replaceable. Ideally you need the centre armrest that has the split lid (i.e the top section opens in the middle, and with an upper and lower compartment inside as that all fits slightly better

Cheers

Richard

I have a spare Nokia 6xxx cradle for the armrest with the mounting insert from a W203/W209 at home. I can post a picture of it so you can see how it fits the armrest.

So my wiring is not long enough is it to reach the centre armrest or will it reach, as i don't mind if it's just left in the bottom of the armrest as I'm going to get a viseeO, and if I'm right I don't need access to the viseeO as I can believe I can answer any calls of the steering controls.

If none of this will work I might take you up on the armrest fittings if it comes with the cables thanks.

So my wiring is not long enough is it to reach the centre armrest or will it reach, as i don't mind if it's just left in the bottom of the armrest as I'm going to get a viseeO, and if I'm right I don't need access to the viseeO as I can believe I can answer any calls of the steering controls.

If none of this will work I might take you up on the armrest fittings if it comes with the cables thanks.

Not sure on whether it will be long enough, I guess it depends upon how the cables are routed.

Yes once you have a ViseeO you won't need to access or touch it, the steering controls etc will all work. If I recall correctly, the only reason for touching the unit may be to pair a new phone.

I'll post a picture of the cradle I have, it has some wires but it's not a full loom it basically connects to wiring that was already in my armrest, I suspect your setup will be similar in that the cradle should be able to be unplugged. Once you see a picture of what I have it may help with your setup.

Ok thanks for that would you know if the side panel has to come of to get at the wiring, if so I know how to get at the screws behind the centre consul but where are the others and thanks I will keep an eye out for the pic cheers steve

Ok thanks for that would you know if the side panel has to come of to get at the wiring, if so I know how to get at the screws behind the centre consul but where are the others and thanks I will keep an eye out for the pic cheers steve

Found these from another forum which may help with the removal:

Pictures of the spare cradle I have, turns out it's actually an R230 part number (SL) however the felt covered insert is from the W203:

Hope this helps you.

Hi thanks for the pics the wiring does look long enough to go back to the centre armrest I won't know until I try it for sure thanks steve

Hi thanks for the pics the wiring does look long enough to go back to the centre armrest I won't know until I try it for sure thanks steve

No worries, good luck!

I have a nokia phone that fits in the cradle going spare (i'm an iPhone victim so its no use to me just needs a new sim.
anyone ever fitted an iPhone into 53 avant garde or even a charging unit for it

I have a nokia phone that fits in the cradle going spare (i'm an iPhone victim so its no use to me just needs a new sim.
anyone ever fitted an iPhone into 53 avant garde or even a charging unit for it

ViseeO is the best option to add Bluetooth to a factory phone (Nokia) equipped car. The ViseeO unit is the same shape and size roughly as a Nokia 6210 and interfaces with the car controls. Great piece of kit, the only thing it doesn't do is charge.

A cigar lighter USB plug and charging cable addresses that.

Yes but I'm led to believe you can't play music through the video, so I've fitted a hard wired fm transmitter which works very well and I have a hands free Bluetooth kit on its way now as I listen to all my music through my I phone also the phones sat nav works good and also comes through the car speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom