nokia phone kit fitted!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bingy

Car
C220
Good Morning all, New member here.
I have a 2004 C220 CDI avantgarde with a Audio 20 system.

the car has a phone cradle fitted with a bracket that goes in between radio and dashboard. I do not have an old phone to fit it plus it looks horrible sticking out of the dashboard. and it beeps everytime i start the car....

Can i just remove all the hardware concerned with the phone, and get it back to normal or will i need to do anything else to it?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

If the car doesn't have Bluetooth, you may be lucky and be able to buy a Bluetooth adaptor, it looks a bit like a Nokia phone, and sits in the cradle. By pairing any Bluetooth phone to this, you have Bluetooth in your car.

My old Rover 75 had this set up, & at the time I had a Nokia 6310 phone, which fitted the cradle. When I upgraded to a new phone, I used an adaptor as above very successfully.

OK it still had the cradle in place, but at least it was useful............

HTH

Malcolm

Hi Baxlin
I would prefer to just remove the lot, I dont get that many calls to warrant it.

Just wanted to know if it would affect any other components of car if removed.

Cheers

Does anyone else have any info on removing the phone kit from car, is is just piggy backed to Head unit?
Will it be ok to remove?

It depends on what the installer did. We'd have used a piggy back harness (that goes between the car and the stereo), and wired the additional switched power lead to the cigarette lighter (with a fuse).

So, you have to take it apart and see what they did

Richard

Cheers Richard will look this weekend.

I cant find anything about a code for the Audio 20 system in the handbook, does it have one?

regards

When I bought my (now sold) W168 nearly five years ago, it had a Nokia kit installed and an external inductive aerial stuck to the NS top of the windscreen - horrid looking thing.

It took some research and a fair bit of patience to trace all the crap, oh sorry - components, and remove them:

Nokia%20W168%20crap%20small_zpsw2elj9gq.jpg

IMG_0580-1small_zpsikids6cu.jpg

IMG_0584-1small_zpsjobdljpu.jpg

I even sold some of the stuff on eBay :crazy:

Anyway, I'd start by checking for any extra inline fuses - see one of the pics above. Also, the kit is a huge power drain - until I removed it, it would flatten the battery in 7-8 days, after it was gone, the car would happily sit idle for three weeks, and start just fine.

Thanks for all your replies.
Dashboard coming apart this weekend!

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for all the help, Phone kit is out and a nice clean dash with now phone beep now

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom