Nokian Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I put my anorak on and was reading tyre reviews this afternoon.......Nokian seem too good to be true! Anyone running them or had any experience of them, if so how long do they last!!

Last edited:
I'm chuffed to bits with them.

Grip is good rain or shine, noise is infinitely better than the P6000's I had before and wear rates.... well I've put 18k on them so far and fronts are still showing 6mm and backs 5mm left in the tread wear indicators.

I recommend them heartilly.

Sp!ke said:
I'm chuffed to bits with them.

Grip is good rain or shine, noise is infinitely better than the P6000's I had before and wear rates.... well I've put 18k on them so far and fronts are still showing 6mm and backs 5mm left in the tread wear indicators.

I recommend them heartilly.

Now thats a recomendation!! Cheers Spike!

Hi R2D2, Sp!ke,

I have a weird steering sensation on my 1991 230TE (see my previous thread 'HELP!!!!!!!!!!! W124 230TE Steering Probs' posted on 06-05-2004 in this forum) and someone on another site (I think even Sp!ke has offered possible causes on this one too!) has suggested the tyres could be at fault. I am currently running on Uniroyals which appear to be a bit soft.

Do you think these Nokians could cure the problem. Are they easy to get hold of?

Ade

I had them on a Passat I had. I thought they were very good but it's hard trying to find a local dealer that stocks them. I got them after reading a review.

Oh and hopefully Im back for good. Had some real bad luck lately but finally the light at the end of the tunnel aint some sod with a torch :D .

Glad forum is as strong as ever.

Ade said:
Hi R2D2, Sp!ke,

I have a weird steering sensation on my 1991 230TE (see my previous thread 'HELP!!!!!!!!!!! W124 230TE Steering Probs' posted on 06-05-2004 in this forum) and someone on another site (I think even Sp!ke has offered possible causes on this one too!) has suggested the tyres could be at fault. I am currently running on Uniroyals which appear to be a bit soft.

Do you think these Nokians could cure the problem. Are they easy to get hold of?

Ade

Its an expensive gamble if it doesnt cure the problem. Best get the car checked out properly for other problems before spending your money on something you may not need.

have you a friend with a similar car, maybe you could swap the wheels over and go for a drive to see if it has cured the problem?

I had some on my 944 and can confirm they are a very good tyre. Not quite as good as the yokis i had before but do last a lot longer.

R2D2 said:
I put my anorak on and was reading tyre reviews this afternoon.......Nokian seem too good to be true! Anyone running them or had any experience of them, if so how long do they last!!
I have Nokian tyres on both my cars now, a 1989 W124 300D (250,000miles), and a 1991 190E 1.8 (122,000miles). I strongly recommend these tyres - GREAT value, super handling, and last exceptionally well too. Like the man says, too good to be true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom