Not eBay but advising a friend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougal74

Car
Past: 2008 S211 E280CDi A/G Estate, 2000 ML430, 1992 300TE Auto, 1995 E320 Coupe - all gone
E220 Cab on an R plate?
Helping out a friend here. I used to own a C124 E320 which I loved for a couple of years so I know a fair bit about these cars and have advised him accordingly.
He has been to see this one and other than a battery issue this looks pretty straight. No A/C but he says he isn't bothered - one thing less to go wrong he said.
However, the ride height, steering wheel and the age make me wonder if this could be an export market import (e.g. India) car originally. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
They must have had it a while as one of the photos has the price £7995 in it

I may stand corrected, but I think only the saloons were made in India.
Not suggesting it was made in India, rather that the age, suspension height and steering wheel would more likely be found on cars originally intended for markets other than the UK (S. Africa perhaps)?
Would a VIN checker report show up where is was destined for originally?

Not suggesting it was made in India, rather that the age, suspension height and steering wheel would more likely be found on cars originally intended for markets other than the UK (S. Africa perhaps)?
Would a VIN checker report show up where is was destined for originally?

It would yes

Looks good value if genuine and it checks out ok.

These cabs always seem to command a huge premium. Looks to be a similar colour to The Boss's iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom