Not happy w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downlands

Car
C220 cdi AMG sport w204 2013
Just had a bad episode it's my c220 cdi 2004 w203 rev counter flew round and bounced at the top end unable to control the cars speed then a banging noise from the engine with blue smoke from exhaust. Garage have checked looks like a blown turbo which caused engine to race and damage con rods on pot 2 & 3 which are not rising to top of pot and lost cylinder pressure on 2 & 3 sounds expensive !!!!

It only makes sense to repair it if you can source a second hand engine on the cheap and get someone to fit it for cheap.........

Just had a bad episode it's my c220 cdi 2004 w203 rev counter flew round and bounced at the top end unable to control the cars speed then a banging noise from the engine with blue smoke from exhaust. Garage have checked looks like a blown turbo which caused engine to race and damage con rods on pot 2 & 3 which are not rising to top of pot and lost cylinder pressure on 2 & 3 sounds expensive !!!!
Unable to get a replacement engine ! Still got the car minus an engine at my local garage. Have replaced car with c220 cdi sport blue efficiency amg 2013

Just changed our engine £1250. had a quote for £650.But decided to pay the extra as AA recommended garage.Now running ok,run aprox 700 miles time to change all oils engine and g/box.

Have replaced car with c220 cdi sport blue efficiency amg 2013
I am sure the new toy will be a vast difference to the old C220, severally in terms of performance, economy and luxury. Just a bit of a hit on the wallet though. Some pics of the new car are always well received.
Have you room at home to store the old car until an engine comes along?

Steve.

I am sure the new toy will be a vast difference to the old C220, severally in terms of performance, economy and luxury. Just a bit of a hit on the wallet though. Some pics of the new car are always well received.
Have you room at home to store the old car until an engine comes along?

Steve.
Hi Steve car is at my service garage where the diagnosis was done, stretched con rods !!! Had the new car just over a year now and you right is is far better mpg 62 on a run.

It can if it gets drawn up into the Air intake, It will then start running off the Oil instead of the Diesel pump followed by "Bang"

Google "diesel engine runaway". Nice to see the OP respond here (as the thread is nearly 18 months old)!

Google "diesel engine runaway". Nice to see the OP respond here (as the thread is nearly 18 months old)!

lol , i hadn't noticed doh..:D

I changed the engine of my Nissan primer a few years back myself. Anyway when the car was off the road I transferred my insurance to another car. Once the Nissan was fixed I phoned insurance to change back and proudly (stupidly in this case) said I did the job "myself" Guess what? They refused to insure me. Kept my moth shut with the next insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom