Not really a helpfull reply from MercLand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADY1983

MB Enthusiast
Car
300CE-24 Sportline, MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Edition, Scirocco GTII
Hi i just thought i would share this with you, some of you would have seen my thread, and know i am doing my head gasket, and i need some spear parts so i gave MercLand a try, but do you think this is really any help??

I SENT THEM THIS
Hi, I started stripping the engine to do the head gasket, I noticed this was broken, what i think is one of the rockers, not sure of its exact name. Take a look at the link, and let me know if you could help with this part?? The car is a W124 300CE 3.0L S-6 12 Valve, and has covered 170k, the part that is broken is over piston No. 5 from the timing chain end. Please help if you can.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f335/mondy688/broken1.jpg

THEY REPLIED
We can supply you with a 54,000 mile 300 24 valve engine , for £ 495 plus vat and postage, you can then either fit the whole thing or take off the bits you want. You will need to change over your ancillaries, including the sump, as this one has a crack, which we unfortunately did taking the engine out. We do not sell the cylinder heads on their own.
Hopefully this will fulfil your needs. Please phone the number below to order.
Thank you

Your thoughts then? but i didn't find it very helpfull, Ok mine has high mileage but loads of life yet or is it time for a new one??
Also what is involved in changing it to the 24V??
Cheers Ady

Hi Andy, you can see on this photo what is broken, number 32. They are not interchangerble with the 24 valve, completely different.

Hope this helps, I'm sure you can get them from Merc.

Cheers, Bill.

Last edited:
ADY1983 said:
Hi i just thought i would share this with you, some of you would have seen my thread, and know i am doing my head gasket, and i need some spear parts so i gave MercLand a try, but do you think this is really any help??

I SENT THEM THIS
Hi, I started stripping the engine to do the head gasket, I noticed this was broken, what i think is one of the rockers, not sure of its exact name. Take a look at the link, and let me know if you could help with this part?? The car is a W124 300CE 3.0L S-6 12 Valve, and has covered 170k, the part that is broken is over piston No. 5 from the timing chain end. Please help if you can.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f335/mondy688/broken1.jpg

THEY REPLIED
We can supply you with a 54,000 mile 300 24 valve engine , for £ 495 plus vat and postage, you can then either fit the whole thing or take off the bits you want. You will need to change over your ancillaries, including the sump, as this one has a crack, which we unfortunately did taking the engine out. We do not sell the cylinder heads on their own.
Hopefully this will fulfil your needs. Please phone the number below to order.
Thank you

Your thoughts then? but i didn't find it very helpfull, Ok mine has high mileage but loads of life yet or is it time for a new one??
Also what is involved in changing it to the 24V??
Cheers Ady
Can't really expect a dismantler to break a complete engine/cylinder head for such a minor part Ady1983. As MangoMan suggests, MB will supply the part.

TKB13 said:
Can't really expect a dismantler to break a complete engine/cylinder head for such a minor part Ady1983. As MangoMan suggests, MB will supply the part.
I didn't expect them to brake a perfectly good engine but you do get cracked heads etc. but really what use is a 24V lump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom