Not the way to treat your 1 week old merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have no sympathy for the idiot,as he was drunk,but a few years ago I stayed at Ashton under Lyne and right outside the hotel was a tram line ,I came out needing to turn left and nearly turned into the tram line.

Sad picture to see a beautiful car like that in such dire straits. Won't help the public impression of Mercedes owners either . The lawyer had some cheek and I wouldn't trust him behind the wheel either!
"This is a gentleman entitled to full credit for his guilty pleas" - credit!? The guy didn't have a phone himself? The bare minimum he must do is alert the authorities to prevent a life threatening accident, re Croydon.
""Once you are following the Metro line at the back of Snow Hill there is no way of turning back and he had to carry on." - yes there is a way. Stop. Reverse. There is a famous Turkish proverb for exactly this situation!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Was the insurance voided or did he have none?

Even if it was just a 3+36 like most of them are, surely he'd have has the money to insure it?

£6000 to repair what? They're having a laff.

Few scratches on the body work and wheels I guess? :confused:

Surely after being caught drink driving, he won't be needing the car any longer.

A dented door is a £6k repair these days.

Not that matey can have a hire car or get his whiplash money.

I don't know what dealers charge these days.

But we just got a quote from our managing agent that they will gladly dispatch a handyman to fix the fire signage at a cost of £125.00+VAT per hour. Oh and the hourly rate also applies to any time they need to spend on 'paperwork' in relation to this task.

So £6k for a dented door? Yes I can believe that .

I don't know what dealers charge these days.

But we just got a quote from our managing agent that they will gladly dispatch a handyman to fix the fire signage at a cost of £125.00+VAT per hour. Oh and the hourly rate also applies to any time they need to spend on 'paperwork' in relation to this task.

So £6k for a dented door? Yes I can believe that .

Every job needs a risk assessment these days.

It's like all those schools who had to get rid of their caretakers, and then end up paying greedy, but politically well connected, facilities management companies £200 to change a bulb.

A clever lawyer like Harvey Specter could get him off .

No argument he was drunk . But he wasn't on the highway , so PROVE the offence ; and you only need insurance if your car is on the road - which this wasn't , as found :D

Oh , and prove it was him who drove it there - he could've been a drunk passenger , after the driver absconded .

Oh , a week old and uninsured - how was it licenced ?

It was probably the free weeks trial MB insurance offer- [helps get those new cars licenced and out the showroom ;) ] had expired.

He's gone off the rails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom