Not very happy with ECP.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Ordered Lemforder ball joints from the web site.
Supplied with TRW. I don't know who they are but they are not Lemforder.
Asked for the correct parts. Was assured that they would be there next morning.
The correct parts were not sent and I was told that they would not be sent.
I am annoyed to have had my time wasted twice and I still do not have the parts I ordered so I am further delayed.

Not good enough.

What's wrong with TRW? They are/were one of a number of manufacturers used by MB to produce their 'original' items.

Didn't TRW used to be Lucas?

Didn't TRW used to be Lucas?

TRW bought bits off Lucas Autmotive a few years back.

(They actually bought the Lucas-Varity group, but that's another story).

TRW is a reputable aerospace and automotive parts manufacturer with history going back long before they bought Lucas.

Last edited:
What's wrong with TRW? They are/were one of a number of manufacturers used by MB to produce their 'original' items.

True. My MB original control arms (€450 each!!) were made by TRW. But, the chap ordered Lemfoerder.

I had similar when autodoc supplied Febi flex discs when I ordered Lemfoerder. I kept them as they turned out to be made by SGF so no problem.

They should supply what you order or ask permission to do differently.

RayH

Don't get me started with ECPs Registration number Look-up....

99% of the time, completely wrong!

1% of the time "Number not found".

ECP used to be a reasonably competent and cheap outfit, now they are neither.

I';m surprised GSF have downsized so much when ECP are the competition!

Euro's service is abysmal and what parts you get, total pot luck.

I have nothing but trouble with Euro car parts... literally a total joke. I will never use them again after this occasion.

I purchase on a regular basis from car parts for less and ecp whom are the same company, never had a problem yet.

I do not mind if it is made in China, so long as it is subject to European standards of Quality Assurance.

I've brought a lot of things from company's on eBay branding it as there "own" japspeed being one of them, and found out you can buy the exact same part from China a "non make" for a lot less and I see it more and more now so I would assume most things are made there and we sell them for alot more and call them are own, thanks UK lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom