noticeable different after spark plug change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krisby

Car
W203 C320
I've never felt a noticeable different after plug change on any cars (tell a lie, did have a misfire at 4k that disappeared on one car), but then they've generally been done within the recommended time frame.

However, whilst my C320 came with FSH, it was stamp only, not receipts, so I have no idea if the plugs have been done. The car feels fine and I can't feel any hesitation through the range, so I am loathe to spending £80+ on plugs, plus fitting, if there is nothing wrong with them. On my last car I just did it cos it was a simple 30 minute job and cost me £32 in plugs.

So as the C is at 92000 with no record of plugs, is it worthwhile? Saying this outloud, I know the answer, but just wanted some 3rd party input.

Remove and inspect the plugs if worn replace or adjust if the electrodes are ok.

You can see the wear on number 5 more than the rest and compared to the new plugs at the bottom.
Ignore the oil deposits on it that's another problem :)

Last edited:
It's not just if they are worn, they seize in too. Hence the 4 year time interval as well as the 50,000 mile one

If they have not been done at 92k I would get them done. I doubt you will notice much difference other than it being a bit more lively and better economy

Remove and inspect the plugs if worn replace or adjust if the electrodes are ok.

You can see the wear on number 5 more than the rest and compared to the new plugs at the bottom.
Ignore the oil deposits on it that's another problem :)

I was going to, but again, unlike on my Straight 5s and 6s where access is easy for an inspection, I kind of feel if I'm going to have a look, I might as well just do it.

I think I will just do it, piece of mind I guess.

Be careful removing the spark plug leads, access is a little limited and it is easy to damage them, Mercedes sell a special tool to remove the leads but a 17mm Swan neck open spanner will do the same job! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom