Notification of a Notification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
This morning I received a letter from my dealer, parts of which I will attempt to type.

Dear Mr ......
As you are possibily already aware there has recently been some press coverage concerning a number of cars that DaimlerChrysler AG will be recalling, and the purpose of this letter is to help clarify the position.

It then goes on to explain about ongoing programme of innvations and modifications and one area in particular that this affects more than any is the vehicle electronics. Today we have the ability more than ever to perform software upgrades as you would do on your home computer and this has resulted in the oppurtunity to enhance a vehicles operating system during its life cycle.

Mercedes-Benz will shortly be notifying directly those customers who's vehicles are affected by this latest campaign and we will in turn make arrangements for the relevant work to be carried out.

I hope this has gone some way in helping you understand the present position and if you have any further concerns please telephone 00800 1 777 777 where a customer advisor will do all they can to answer your questions.

They have then enclosed their latest sales leaflet, plus a free engine upgrade on new vehicles.

I wonder what they would say if I ordered an E500 and requested the upgrade to the E55?? :D

Regarding the letter,
I have no problem, or issue with this although it tells me absolutely nothing that we did not already know.

These ongoing software upgrades are a real plus, and the one we really like is the ability to now be able to play Mp3's.

Have a nice day,
John

Hehehe.

Sounds positive - I like the idea of enhancements, provided they are bug free !

Re the upgrade - I wondered about that. We're considering selling the CLK240 and buying a CLK55 AMG Cab - I haven't asked the CLK500 upgrade question yet, but then I'm still investigating importing one...

saorbust said:
Re the upgrade - I wondered about that. We're considering selling the CLK240 and buying a CLK55 AMG Cab - I haven't asked the CLK500 upgrade question yet, but then I'm still investigating importing one...

Beautiful looking car and the weather today is absolutely ideal. Brilliant sunshine, no wind.

Good luck with the decision,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom