Now Clean, My New to me Clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marcel-Anthony

Car
C350 V6 Coupe, ML300, Slk 200K
Well Its done. (but really its never finished) Had my car since the start of the month and have spent weeks getting it into an acceptable standard.

So far I have taken the wheels off, for a good clean and polish and then sealed

The interior has had the carpets cleaned. The seats and dash were so dirty it took one whole weekend just to get these clean. Leather has now also been conditioned. Stone chips sort of touched up, don't look bad from a distance.

All door shuts cleaned and polished, Rubbers cleaned.

Exterior has had two coats of Autogylm supper resin polish, Then waxed with Poor Boys Natty's Paste. Then a coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss. All scratches taken out with Farecla g3 scratch remover (before the polishing).

Have not posted and photos before as was not happy to do so until properly cleaned. I could have spent more time on it but the wife has reminded me that I have a family that also needs attention from time to time.

Last thing I have to do are the seat belts that have oil stains and years of built up grime, I have had a go at doing these with Vanish Soap bar, washing up liquid and washing powder, this has got some of the grime out but not the oil marks. Any suggestions on this would welcomed.

I think for an older car that was very dirty when I bought it, even though the dealer so called valeted it, has not come up to bad.

15fgls6.jpg
[/IMG]
zix4ld.jpg
[/IMG]
346rkoi.jpg
[/IMG]
10f74mf.jpg

10s9000.jpg
[/IMG]
neuc5t.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, Sooty.

They actually are Replicas of Amg wheels. When I bought the car the dealer advertised them as Amg alloys. They even appear to have the Amg log on them but if you look close the letters are HMC but the font has been messed with so the the H has been made to look like an A and the C to look like a G. Not sure of the quality yet.

When funds allow, I will be upgrading them to the AMG wheels you see on the 220/320 CDI Sport (W209)

So it's your fault that it's turned to rain :rolleyes:

Good job, it's looking great :thumb:

Last edited:
So it's your fault that it's turned to rain :rolleyes:

Good job, it's looking great :thumb:

Yes it is, after 15 years of living in Spain where a good clean car can look good for weeks after a good scrub up. Here in the north east it never stops raining, well since I have been here anyway. The last few days have been exceptional.

The Wife (she's a local) tells me that summer will come to the North East but she is not sure what two weeks of the year they will come.

Good job fella! Know what you mean about the seat belts, mine are cream in colour and are really grubby, have tried all sorts to get them clean, to no avail :( shame really as the rest of the interior is spot on!

Nice job and excellent choice of car, as we all know the CLK is the best looking of all the MB models :D

Cornstarch and baby talc can be used to remove grease and oil stains from seat belts . Brush off loose dirt, dried-on food and spills until as much of the loose residue as possible is gone. Cover the stain with baby powder or cornstarch. Leave it on the grease spot overnight or longer, then brush the talc or cornstarch off. Most, if not all, of the stain should disappear. However, if necessary repeat the process.

That looks great - well worth the hard work.

Cornstarch and baby talc can be used to remove grease and oil stains from seat belts . Brush off loose dirt, dried-on food and spills until as much of the loose residue as possible is gone. Cover the stain with baby powder or cornstarch. Leave it on the grease spot overnight or longer, then brush the talc or cornstarch off. Most, if not all, of the stain should disappear. However, if necessary repeat the process.

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom