NS/R w221 Headrest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DjSplat

Car
S320 W221
I made a bit of a snafu within about 2 mins of having the car. Being cautious not to damage the leather, I used a seat protector under my daughters isofix car seat. It's actually a good protector, with a little strap around the head rest to stop the back piece from moving... Wait for it...

So, driving my new car, trying to find various functions, I pressed the retract headrest button. Whoops. The offside folded away on the motor, the nearside though folded most of the way, the pulled on the strap and stopped. This strap isnt that tight so it shouldn't have been an issue but, hey ho.

Now that i have taken the baby seat out, I am stuck win a headrest that will come up on command but, will not full retract. It stops about 70% of the way into place.

To be fair, it may have been like from the off, I didn't test it but, I want to try and sort it either way.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that function to lift the head rest only works on a long press of the button. A short press with the hard rests retracted yields a low motor/ pump noise but no movement. The head rest is returning to it correct upright positions, as it was set when retracted but, it only goes that 70% or so back into the rear shelf.

Any assistance would be great fully received.

I know this is an old post, but I had EXACTLY the same issue, caused by exactly the same thing.
Tonight I managed sort it out. Turns out to be a VERY easy fix (for mine anyway).
I pressed one of the memory buttons for the seat associated with the offending headrest and in doing so, it suddenly caused the head rest drop down to it's recessed position.
Perhaps the action of moving the seat about somehow reset the headrest??

This post is over 2 years old so unlikely to be relevant to you now, but might help someone else in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom