NTG 2.5 service update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
OK, so I have found the service update disks for the NTG2.5 from MB website in Germany (so no dodgy disk image downloads here), but they only lists the service update disk images for the W171, W211 and W203.

Although under different names, the images for the W171 and W211 look identical in size while the image for the W203 is much larger (about 3 times larger).

Sadly I cannot find a service update disk image for the W169 on the MB site and was wondering if this is because the 3 listed images covers the entire NTG2.5 range? If so, would the W171 be the correct service update disk image to use?

I don't really want to brick my NTG 2.5, but getting a dealer to update the firmware seems too painful - much easier to do the update via the Engineering/Dealer menus or possibly via my (offline) star.

Anyone knows or care to comment?

OK, so I have found the service update disks for the NTG2.5 from MB website in Germany (so no dodgy disk image downloads here), but they only lists the service update disk images for the W171, W211 and W203.

Although under different names, the images for the W171 and W211 look identical in size while the image for the W203 is much larger (about 3 times larger).

Sadly I cannot find a service update disk image for the W169 on the MB site and was wondering if this is because the 3 listed images covers the entire NTG2.5 range? If so, would the W171 be the correct service update disk image to use?

I don't really want to brick my NTG 2.5, but getting a dealer to update the firmware seems too painful - much easier to do the update via the Engineering/Dealer menus or possibly via my (offline) star.

Anyone knows or care to comment?

The 171 disk should do it, depending on exactly which one you have.

You cannot simply put the disk in and expect it to update. It has to be done via STAR. STAR will tell you which disk to load.

The 171 disk should do it, depending on exactly which one you have.

You cannot simply put the disk in and expect it to update. It has to be done via STAR. STAR will tell you which disk to load.

Thanks. The part number on the disk label and CD cover is W171 589 03 22 00. The CD label shows an image of a NTG2 so now in doubt if this is suitable for the NTG2.5.

I have access to an Offline Star, but was hoping to use the Engineering Menu to perform the service update. Would this not work?

The W171/W211 on the Daimler website you mention is for NTG1 Comand. There are NTG2.5 firmware disks, but (a) As Alfie says you need Star Diagnosis to install them (b) I don't believe they are on a Daimler public website - we get them with our monthly Star Diagnosis / Xentry update.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom