NTG1 command question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
I have a 2006 cls (c219) with full command (NTG 1) and Harmon Cardon. This seems to be the same system I had in my 2004 w211 E500.

However for all the audio functions (radio/cd/dvd) I only have the ability to balance the sound left to right. there is no facility for a fader front to rear.

In the E500 I was able to adjust the sound using the cross hairs front to rear and left to right.

My qustion is ; is this normal on the CLS and if not (which I expect) why would mine have no fader facility.everything else is the same as the w211.

Someone must have a CLS with Comand and Harmon Kardon who could tell me if they have both balance and fade on the audio screen unlike mine which just seems to have balance? Ever heard of this or any ideas Command Online?
Any help apreciated.

Not a CLS, but a 2004 E55 with NTG1 and Harmon Kardon.
I have a bal/fade button as shown.
DDADsBX.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
On that screen my cls55 just says balance. No fade option. My E500 was as the picture posted and I thought the CLS would be the same.
All very strange.....

On that screen my cls55 just says balance. No fade option. My E500 was as the picture posted and I thought the CLS would be the same.
All very strange.....

Are you positive you have HK?
It is option 810 on your datacard.

Yep 810 on data card, logic7 in sound menu and HK logos on all speakers.
All I can think is that either the wrong software is loaded or at some time the unit was replaced with one from an Slk which perhaps wouldn't have a fader.I've done a firmware update which made no difference.

All I can think is that either the wrong software is loaded or at some time the unit was replaced with one from an Slk which perhaps wouldn't have a fader.I've done a firmware update which made no difference.

Hi,
What you are saying does sound feasible and there are various options that can be changed/coded within STAR which may/may not sort this.
Worth contacting CommandUK or Olly at Prestige to see if they can sort it.
Alternatively if you are ever in the Southampton area I could plug it in for you and have a look.

Our SLK has NTG1 with the HK option. I can confirm there is no fader option on the menu.

Our SLK has NTG1 with the HK option. I can confirm there is no fader option on the menu.

Makes sense as its a 2 seater.

My NTG1 unit in the CLS has the fader option.

Thanks eveyone I think maybe at some time the original head unit failed and was replaced by an slk unit....or was fitted incorrectly from the factory.
Now I am assuming that the head units are the same and its just the loaded software thats different for the two cars or maybe the fader facility can be enabled on star.
Anyway I will get in to MB and see if they have any ideas re reprogramming otherwise I will just leave it. Makes little difference to the sound as I sit in the front and the back speakers do work at a low level.
Ill post if theres a solution , just out of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom