Number Plate Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottief

Car
C250d AMG Line
After a bit of advice please?

Have just got my car and will shortly be putting my own private reg on it but I'm not sure how the dealer supplied frames work and can't seem to find any other threads or videos to help.

Can anyone please advise how to take the plate off this type of frame please?

View attachment 62417

IMG_1090.jpg

It looks to me like the bottom part unclips? If this is the case do you have to be quite forceful to get it off? Also I assume once off then the number plate will just slide in and out quite easily?

Never had number plate frames before and I don't want to break them within the first few days of having the car.

Last edited:
I have a Wurth frame at the rear that came with a key to insert halfway up each side.

However, they are different to the one you pictured, I would guess asking the dealer is gonig to be the safest route.

As you have surmised, the bottom piece will just unclip.

I use a blunt screwdriver between the plate and the frame to prise the clips open, then it should just pull off.

Just unclip and lift it up as easy as that

What they've just said. Just done mine today. It unclips as said and then the long edges top and bottom swing up/down out of the way and the plate just lifts out. Reverse to put the new plate in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are various types... the Wurth for example requires a specail key (or flat screwdriver).

Mine clips like so (no key required):

License_Plate_Holder_-_instructions.jpg

chrome-abs-registration-number-plate-surround-flip-up-front-4253-p.jpg

Alternatively you could replace it with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76zMSGFSyao

:D

Thanks for all the advice everyone. It was indeed easier than I thought with the bottom unclipping and my lovely private plate is now on looking great.

Come on Scottie, stop teasing us. Post a pic or two of your new motor. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom