Number plate holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Never liked the plate just stuck on the back so got a holder for it.
Think it looks a bit neater than having it plain.
Just need a new plate and it's done.

Ben :thumb:

Example:
IMG_0826.jpg

:D
Cheers
Abs

Never liked the plate just stuck on the back so got a holder for it.
Think it looks a bit neater than having it plain.
Just need a new plate and it's done.

Strange things us people aren't we :D I have a plate holder very similar to your new one, though mine's black where yours is grey, and I'm seriously thinking of going the other way and just having the plate alone without surround. :eek:

All of the people some of the time etc. I'd say it looks good but then I'd be contradicting myself, even though it does... :eek:

I have always used place holders and always in black, i was going to go without a holder on my SL but seeing yours in silver has got me thinking. Looks nice on a silver car.

Strange things us people aren't we :D I have a plate holder very similar to your new one, though mine's black where yours is grey, and I'm seriously thinking of going the other way and just having the plate alone without surround. :eek:

All of the people some of the time etc. I'd say it looks good but then I'd be contradicting myself, even though it does... :eek:

Much better and cleaner without in my opinion. I just don`t see the attraction. Mine were ripped off as soon as I had new plates made up :thumb:

I am in the process of taking the plate holders off my new car, I think they look much cleaner without.
The silver holders are a bit different though and look good on that car.

Strange things us people aren't we :D

Whats with the 'we' business Dave? We all know its just 'you' :p

Same here Dave:

When we got our car it had black plate holders with 'MB of Poole' on them. Also same on actual plates. Then had a silly 'wrong reg number' saga so had it into MB Carlisle to be rectified. They put their own plates and holder advertising on the car.

So I had my own plates made up nice and plain and removed horrid black holders. Nice clean look.

Mind you, Bennys brushed chrome ones do look nice. :thumb:

Thanks guys I like to divide opinions :eek:
Before picture

And an after picture

Just need get a plain new plate to finish it off.
Called in Halford to sort one out not realising I needed 3 lots of ID :eek:
Also got one for the front that's a bit more tricky to fit, will have a go at fitting this one tomorrow.
Cheers

Ben i hope they last more than a year .I had 2 sets one after another as the chrome failed on them in the sunlight .In the end i had a refund. And put a pair of Halfrauds on ,they have been on there three years and still good.

I personally never have a holder. I've spent a lot of money on sticky pads

I use gel 3D plates now as they look good quality items.

That silver holder looks great on a silver car, and I completely agree with Abb - a set of pressed plates would enhance the look.

I actually decided against the plate holders myself, as I felt these won't look as good on a black car, so went with sticky pads (for the first time ever) - I like it:

35197506245_90db317f74_o.jpg

35197505205_1158e6cd7e_o.jpg

Thanks guys I like to divide opinions :eek:
Before picture

And an after picture

Just need get a plain new plate to finish it off.
Called in Halford to sort one out not realising I needed 3 lots of ID :eek:
Also got one for the front that's a bit more tricky to fit, will have a go at fitting this one tomorrow.
Cheers

Don't get em from Halfords

The Halfords logo is massive and imo it ruins the look of the car

Check out demon plates.

Mine came with holders on and I took them off. They looked very clumsy, especially on the front.

Something to think about - it's very easy for someone to nick your plates from a holder. Just pop the plastic frame open and you've got them. Takes about ten seconds and doesn't need any tools.

The Halfords logo is massive and imo it ruins the look of the car

That's a very good point, and often overlooked - when I was checking the pressed plates suppliers, this was on my mind too - so I ordered from mat-pol.co.uk - tiny letters, and nothing other than the legally required info:

DB9 - Car Pair Metal Aluminium Number Plates Pressed Embossed 100% Road Legal

33522978510_540dbfc78b_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom