Number plate link.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigerade

Car
CLS 320 diesel
Can anyone give me a link on flee bay etc for someone who can make up number plates with Mercedes-Benz UK on the bottom? I've just transferred my plate which was a cut down item but ive found it looks rubbish on the CLS and i want to put a wider plate back on.

Be aware that plates from the Channel Islands won't have the BSAU 145 number in the right hand bottom corner. Ironically, even if the font and spacing are strictly legal, not having this BSAU number is an MOT failure and can result in a fine of £1,000.

My plates aren't legal, as they don't feature this BSAU number, but then again I have a sympathetic MOT examiner who doesn't care for the finer points of the law. Still, if a police man is feeling somewhat in a petty mood, he could pick you up for not having strictly legal plates.

One suggestion is to have show plates fitted to your car, with a perfectly legal set in the boot of your car for those instances when you need to show full legality, preferably held on with elastic for easy removal afterwards.

Any main dealer. Check their stock to see what appears.

I did think about going to the main dealers, but only if they made them in house and not out sourced them.

I did think about going to the main dealers, but only if they made them in house and not out sourced them.

Not sure about this one. While a main dealer will certainly hand you plates with their Business name (Mercedes Benz of BlahBlah), I wonder how many would issue a set of plates for a vehicle that they did not supply?

Obviously, they may take issue with a vehicle that they haven't handled, but if you decide to have your local main dealer service the vehicle, then they may allow your vehicle to carry plates with their own franchise name on it.

It's worth asking to see if they will adopt your vehicle for you.

Be aware that plates from the Channel Islands won't have the BSAU 145 number in the right hand bottom corner. Ironically, even if the font and spacing are strictly legal, not having this BSAU number is an MOT failure and can result in a fine of £1,000.

Not 100% true as there is no retrospective requirement on plates.
If you have black and silver plate too, not required any way (sublect to age laws).

Plates For Cars - Europe's Leading Number Plate Supplier

When i had my 911 i had a Porsche dealer supply me some new plates and they were the worst things id ever seen. All bubbles and wonky letters. There excuse was they put sourced them.

Its worth a ringing main dealers, so thats Monday's job.

Dealers will issue plates there and then at the dealership. They are usually circa £30

Not sure about this one. While a main dealer will certainly hand you plates with their Business name (Mercedes Benz of BlahBlah), I wonder how many would issue a set of plates for a vehicle that they did not supply?

Obviously, they may take issue with a vehicle that they haven't handled, but if you decide to have your local main dealer service the vehicle, then they may allow your vehicle to carry plates with their own franchise name on it.

It's worth asking to see if they will adopt your vehicle for you.

They don't bat a eyelid, if you have all the necessary docs needed they'll happily take your money and knock up some wonky plates in my previous experience.

I use a guy " Taylor Decals " Google him. First class and road legal plus he replicates the dealer name logo better than the dealer and uses the exact plates they do... cheaper!

They don't bat a eyelid, if you have all the necessary docs needed they'll happily take your money and knock up some wonky plates in my previous experience.

I use a guy " Taylor Decals " Google him. First class and road legal plus he replicates the dealer name logo better than the dealer and uses the exact plates they do... cheaper!

Taylor Made Decals is a good friend of mine and a fellow M3 owner. Steven is a great guy and he makes all my plates!

Well today i popped along to the dealers, and yep they made me up a set of plates. I must say im rather happy with them as there perfect, unlike the Porsche ones a had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom