Numberplate Holder Suggestions S212.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I have a Wurth rear numberplate holder but have always thought it "heavy" looking:

On the bare body I have these 4 raised fixings - any suggestions for a neater way to mount the numberplate, but without screws showing - can you provide a photo with your solution please?

Colour coded screw caps are my personal favourite John, although I do think you can get away with a black plate holder on a black car.

Number plate adhesive pads from Halfords?

I always use Halfords pads and also a few blobs of silicone. I`ll be removing the awful holders off mine once I sort my number plates out and fit that way.

When this happened https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/217685-wrong-reg-number-my-car.html

I told MB Carlisle that I DIDN'T want those horrible number plate holders on the car.

However, when they handed me the keys I drove off home and then noticed they had fitted the holders.

I removed them and as above got number plate sticky pads off eBay and a little dab of clear silicone for good measure. No screw holes and lots neater than those black holders MB of Carlisle + their phone number stamped all over it!

Ant.

I have used double sided black foam tape (bought from Halfords). It gives it that clean look without the screws showing. My plates have been on for about 2 years and no problems so far.

For the front plate, I used 1 layer, whereas, the rear plate will require a couple of layers to meet the raised screw holes.

Last edited:
I've got AMG plate holders on my CLS and I quite like them.

But I've used the other method on my E Class by basically building up layers of foam tape to get it level with the screw holes.

Very clean and simple looking after. :)

7B50E3E0-E229-45A6-B78F-3E43ED8AD82E_zps1gwoygls.jpg

Prefer the Wurths personally....

But I've used the other method on my E Class by basically building up layers of foam tape to get it level with the screw holes.

Can you post a photo of the CLS holder please?

What holder are you using on that plate, or does the plate itself have the black surround? Looks clean!

I had AMG things on mine at one stage, though thought it looked a bit Teutonic, so rubbed the badges off and just went over the bottom bit with a bit of gloss black paint.

For the "clean" look, I'd agree with the double sided tape to be honest, as per the W211 above. :)

What holder are you using on that plate, or does the plate itself have the black surround? Looks clean!

They are metal pressed plates, the black border is part of it.

I run the same plates myself.

The plates on my E Class are just stuck on using sticky pads, just built up so they're thicker than the depth of the screws holes.

Here's the holder on my CLS...

B9CD57E1-1768-46A0-8A82-551C98C47B64_zpsz2g2dobi.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-interior-picture10523-mpg3.jpg

Nearly the same as mine Alex:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom