Nurburgring Driving Academy using C63 coupes now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DuncS3

Car
2017 C63S Coupe, 2005 E46 M3, 1988 Audi quattro
Spent a wet day at the Ring yesterday - was pleasantly surprised to see the Ring driving academy (not the AMG one) are now using C63S coupes. Look pretty cool with the Edition 1 graphics although they are not Edition 1 cars - rather they are very highly equipped S coupes with ceramics and carbon packs.

One thing I did confirm is the Edition 1 definitely has wider side sill extensions than the standard car (along with bigger rear spoiler, front splitter and rear valance) - I wasn't sure until I saw the S up close.

IMG_8348_zpsxc1uf73z.jpg

Last edited:
Did you take one out?

What was your wet time on the TF? I managed about 13mins on my 1st lap (v wet)

No, I was there in my M3 as it was a track day not TF and I didn't time myself as I didn't like it in the wet - pretty slippery out there so only did 4 laps all day. In the dry I have done 8:07.

No, I was there in my M3 as it was a track day not TF and I didn't time myself as I didn't like it in the wet - pretty slippery out there so only did 4 laps all day. In the dry I have done 8:07.

8:07 is really good. What BHP is your M3 putting out?

It's an e46 and was stock then, about 325bhp iirc on a dyno - since fitted a carbon airbox and it's now 347bhp. Guy I was with there went round in 7:47 in his z4m coupe earlier this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom