OBD2 Bluetooth Code scanner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes. They are half that price on ebay.

Download the torque lite app on your phone or android tablet to get a virtual dashboard showing gauges for speed, air/fuel ratio, revs & other info.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I may have jumped the gun, it seems the one I posted (after scrawling through the reviews) is only for petrol engines.

So, if im reading your reply correctly the interface is compatable with my car?

I'll have a look on ebay now for a diesel one.

Ahh man I just paid £30 yesterday to get my codes read by my local garage.

Wish I'd seen this thing first.

That is the correct one to get the "mini sized" one there is a larger one that also does petrol but it won`t read Diesel......as i tried it and had to buy the mini one.

Word of caution though ...the codes that are read are generic ones and will lead you astray with the meaning of them but the error code number shown will be correct but you have to find out from the codes on here in Engines Codes.

One of them is not there as it is an Event and not a Error Code as my pic. shows.

So although cheap to get your codes you will probably go around the houses Googling as well with a few stress moments to get the correct meaning.

Although they are all OBD II codes each manufacturer can have a different meaning for the same code. So read Mercedes Codes.

This is what i have reads both diesel and petrol......http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-T...877575?hash=item1c57c90ac7:g:fd4AAOSwxH1UGtYp

Last edited:
Thanks you very much for your advice, which is excellent.

I have found one on Amazon (I can use prime next day delivery here) it looks pretty similar to the one on ebay (which can't be delivered until monday).

Can you have a quick look to see if its compatable? As I notice the clip part on the plastic surrounding the pins is slightly different in the pictures.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A56RK4M/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Thank you again. :0)

I am using Carly for Mercedes. It works with generic good adapters but better with the Carly one. I did check and while your model is supported there is a note about models before 2005.

Dont known where you live but if you are anywhere near NW London happy to test it with mine

TG

Thanks you very much for your advice, which is excellent.

I have found one on Amazon (I can use prime next day delivery here) it looks pretty similar to the one on ebay (which can't be delivered until monday).

Can you have a quick look to see if its compatable? As I notice the clip part on the plastic surrounding the pins is slightly different in the pictures.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A56RK4M/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Thank you again. :0)

It is fine. I am surmising that your car has an 'OBDII' port which was standard from 2004 on diesels. These do work, but only good for engine codes (not body).

It is fine. I am surmising that your car has an 'OBDII' port which was standard from 2004 on diesels. These do work, but only good for engine codes (not body).

Oh thank you very much for your reply. Yes my car has an OBD2 port under the steering wheel. You have put my mind at rest.
Especially after my missus took it upon herself to reminded me it was 'Only £7.99 and what does it matter if it doesn't work'.

Women eh? They think money grows on trees! :0)

Ordering one as we speak.

Last edited:
I am using Carly for Mercedes. It works with generic good adapters but better with the Carly one. I did check and while your model is supported there is a note about models before 2005.

Dont known where you live but if you are anywhere near NW London happy to test it with mine

TG

Oh? pre 2005 might be a problem? I sure hope not.
What did the note say specifically?

Thank you for your kind offer but I live in South Wales, hold on.

Uhoh, my missus is saying she'd love to take a trip to London.

Arrrrrr someone hide my wallet quick!!! :0)

I have a ELM327 used as a backup to STAR and works ok on my 320, but have never tried it on a diesel so cannot offer any real help on this. Also a point to note is that these little blue ELM's are all clones and some are quite poorly made. Read a few posts on the Torque Forum.

Blue tooth one from ebay has done me proud for the past couple of years. Links perfectly to free software for my ipad but NOT to my nokia / windows phone.

I have a ELM327 used as a backup to STAR and works ok on my 320, but have never tried it on a diesel so cannot offer any real help on this. Also a point to note is that these little blue ELM's are all clones and some are quite poorly made. Read a few posts on the Torque Forum.

Oh Mark! Where were you 5 minutes ago! I've just ordered one. :0)

Fingers crossed I don't get one that was put together by the apprentice.

I will have a look on the torque forum as you advise. Thank you very much.

This forum is excellent! :bannana:

Blue tooth one from ebay has done me proud for the past couple of years. Links perfectly to free software for my ipad but NOT to my nokia / windows phone.

Yeah baby! Thats what I call a nice reply. :thumb:

I'll be blootooting it to an xperia z2 through the torque app.

Hopefully without too much hassle.

As a side note my dad has a 2007 E320 so if I dont get any joy on my car
then (while he's not looking) I'll test it on his. :D

I hope he doesn't catch me or I'll get the eyebrow raise of doom!

Oooooo, just downloaded the Torque Pro app.:bannana:

It was £2.95! I nearly fainted because I'd been told it was £2.50. Although I should be used to it by now because
thats what my missus does when I ask her how mush she's just spent on new shoes. And of course she's not happy
with one shoe, she just has to have another matching one, unbelieveable! Anyway OT (sorry)

My OBD2 Code Scanner will be here between 11.46 and 12.46! At least you can rely on Amazon to tell you the truth.

I might wrap it in wrapping paper when it gets here then get the missus to give it to me like its chiristmas morning,
ahh, its the little things ins't it?

Not long now!

I have a cheap ELM327 clone but has worked fine on many vehicles with Torque for basic engine codes and even removing the EML on one.

I'm sure you have checked that you have the relevant port (ODBII) on the vehicle. If so, this should work fine

Its here!

Just been out to plug and play and it works a treat!

Now I need the loss of power fault to return and hopefully I can pin it down.

Is it ok to leave this device permanently plugged in?

I saw something in the torque settings about: auto power down after engine off, so I presume it is?

Once again thanks guys. You've all been a massive help. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom