Obsidian Black wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
Hi,

I'm not into 'detailing' as such but like my car to look clean and well-kept.

I've used Colourmagic Black with reasonable success but need to buy more wax.

Without breaking the bank what would anyone suggest is a good wax for a black car?

Cheers

Poor boys black hole glaze does wonders on black paint. Buy on eBay approx £12. Very easy to use as well and it leaves a lovely glossy finish.

Poorboys black hole glaze is good but not really a wax. After using a glaze, try some Dodo Juice Purple Haze....very good on black!

Buy a sample jar of this, you'll get 2 coats out of it even on an S-Class. Will outshine anything else as you're only buying a small pot (the amount you need) rather than a full size inferior product.

£6 a go. Will last for 6 months.

Signature 55 Wax Two Car Sample Sample-Wax55

Poorboys black hole glaze is good but not really a wax. After using a glaze, try some Dodo Juice Purple Haze....very good on black!
Sorry I forgot to say that I go over mine with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Comes up like glass !

Buy a sample jar of this, you'll get 2 coats out of it even on an S-Class. Will outshine anything else as you're only buying a small pot (the amount you need) rather than a full size inferior product.

Will this be good on a Selenite Grey finish or is it better on Black?

I used the Poorboys black hole glaze on a badly washed bonnet (washed with a Brillo pad it looked like). It did the job but washed off, should I have sealed it in or protected in some way?

I bought a sample jar recently...the problem is, the jar is so small I could only get 2 fingers full of wax :dk:, would have taken forever to wax whole car so reverted back to my long time wax for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom