OCD Dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
What would you do?

OCD.GIF

Keep filling up, at that price you'd have to be totally gone to care.

I sympathise.

When my car reached 40,000 miles, I felt the urge to stop on the hard shoulder and never drive it another mile.

My way round this is to not look at the readouts when filling up…….I brim the tank every fill up. It costs what it costs and is however many litres it is.

I'd have to level it out at 40.00.

My wife laughs at me as I continuously 'click' the trigger to round the total up :eek:

I'd wonder why I was buying petrol in gallons and paying in dollars.

I sympathise.

When my car reached 40,000 miles, I felt the urge to stop on the hard shoulder and never drive it another mile.

Me too.

I deliberately didn't look at the odometer when my '55 plate E55K passed through 55,555 miles on the M5!! It was a long 51.32 seconds :)

Last edited:
My way round this is to not look at the readouts when filling up…….I brim the tank every fill up. It costs what it costs and is however many litres it is.

I do that as well - much easier...

New guy hired at this office block to do the valet parking, although he's doing a pretty good job would you be happy with it? :devil:

I always fill up to the nearest pound and don't think about the amount of petrol. I really do not like having OCD!

I fill till the pump clicks off then pay by card. As long as I don't look at the amount I'm ok.....

I always fill up to the nearest pound and don't think about the amount of petrol. I really do not like having OCD!

It depends how I'm paying - if cash then I try to put in the exact amount ; if card I brim the tank .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom