Oddball cars and styling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Derek Mc

I have been chatting to Steve here and thought I would post up a bit about my past, in case any of you want to drag up past cars and design, kits etc.

I used to work for a place in Glasgow (early 80's to mid 80's) that was a pioneer in supply and install of Zender, Vestatec, BBS (kits and wheels!), Lorinser etc we supplied Callanders so many kits for everything from 190's to W126's

And I had the pleasure of fitting one of the first W124's with a kit, a red E250 Diesel manual! in scrap dealer red at that

I love talking all things car and if my grey cells are not all wasted from the use of Nitrous on a few cars I would be happy to help out and assist in locating oddball and obscure things for the cars here.

Good to see this being posted. A few members really cherish the 124 and 126 and are into modifications. Where's talbir when you need him.

Anyway we need car talk, got any pics of kitted cars etc? I expect dash to enjoy this post.

Cheers

Steve

Feel free to contact me anytime Jay, I lived eat breathed over bumper under bumper PU-rim kits.

IIRC the W126 saloon kit was £6K fitted? sound right? we retro fitted US spec headlamp housings and running lights with hella light units to it and side markers as per US spec, it had 16" Zender rims, then he bought the AMG five spokes which were colour coded to a sliver green metallic shade. Car would have been on B plate so late summer of 84

Good to see this being posted. A few members really cherish the 124 and 126 and are into modifications. Where's talbir when you need him.

Anyway we need car talk, got any pics of kitted cars etc? I expect dash to enjoy this post.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve sadly no pics from that era it was all paper catalogues and literature from mfrs, and sadly Glasgow was never seen as photogenic at that time to take pic's,,,,,
Sad really as we had some amazing cars roll through

Derek Mc said:
Hi Steve sadly no pics from that era it was all paper catalogues and literature from mfrs, and sadly Glasgow was never seen as photogenic at that time to take pic's,,,,,
Sad really as we had some amazing cars roll through

And if you took them up Glencoe you'd have magazine quality shots.

I saw Jays SEC coming towards me near pass of Glencoe, it looked at home :)

Where was vestatec based ?

I only ask as a pal of my dad used to own a company called Vestatec UK until recently when he sold it. They were the uk importers of BBS wheels amongst other things.

Hence why the blue CLK has two pairs of BBS wheels to use , and our little A class wears a '** VUK' number plate.

Are they likely to be the same company ?

Hi,

At the time we dealt with Vestatec they were under the Stratstone brand, the sales rep from their company was real shiny suit drove a Merc, naturally ;) the kits were excellent but at that time were glassfibre as opposed to the PU-rim of Zender

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom