Odometer Irregularities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SUPERNOVA1a

Car
Mercedes S63 BiTurbo 2012. LEXUS LS400. JENSEN INTERCEPTOR Mk3 8.2
I thought that by now with all safeguards put into cars that clocking was a maybe a thing of the past. AM57OSW. put into the DVLA MOT check and some weird readings come out. this is the third car with irregular readings.

The MoT tester manually enters the reading - probably from a scribbled note that s/he's made on a piece of paper.

The readings for AM57 OSW make perfect sense except for the one in 2013. i'm guessing that the digit 4 (at the beginning of 42,428) should be an 8. A simple misreading?

Happened to me a couple of years ago, tester entered 344400 instead of 34400 ! Looked at the mot certificate when I picked it up and missed the typo! As I had not lived in the uk for about 12 years did not realise it then went onto DVLA records. Tester queried the mileage at 41 k the following year and when I pointed out he had tested it the previous two years his comment was ' bit of a b*lls up last year then . Had a service bill at MB dealer at 35 k two months after thank goodness and history shows max 6/8 k a years since new

H P I have written to me for servicing and mileage information, for the last two cars I traded through a main MB dealership, one an SLK the other an E220 Coupe, I'm always happy to give details in the hope it will stop this sort of thing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom