odometer only show km/h in bottom section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
Have a s204 c220 and looking at the odometer i can have in the bottom section the date & outside temp.
It also shows the speed in km/h; but i am in the uk and would like it to show mph

Anyone know how to change this?

Would be nice as the top is showing radio channel, though doesn't show the artist:track like it does for cd!

I believe that this is a legal requirement. So you have MPH on the clock but KPH on the display. Some say you can have it coded to display different things?

Dont think you can. Its something to do with having to show km/h for use in the rest of the EU I think

Dont we all have MPH/Kph on the dial? Speak to Alfie or Richard, ask if UK Mode Delete is appropriate for your car.

Thanks all.

Speedo has only MPH on the dial.
Alfie & Richard looked and weren't sure and in end concluded it couldn't be changed.

Weird thing is you can switch it off, so why not switch allow to show mph!

Neil

... because you can scroll across and have the MPH displayed as a 'screen' in the cluster.

I know, im with you, its the same on mine.

the top section can show in either mph or km/h, so why not the bottom section.
seems obvious to me, but not to the manufacturer!

and the top section is overwritten if have it set for trip or radio or telephone!

annoying but seems way it is.

It's not the manufacturer, it's the law in this country.

It's not the manufacturer, it's the law in this country.

You are correct...but it was the manufacturer who decided to no longer have dual mph/kph dials.

not worried if law or not, which is fine if it is.
Just annoying your not given option of km/h or mph or off.

as seems nothing can be done, its off and will have to teach the gf to read the dial!

Not sure if its law a I had 3 different set up, in middle of speedo.
1) 2001 c200 compressor showed both mph and KPH
2)2009 w164 only shows KPH
3)2013 Audi S4 shows both.
So it looks more like a budget option and not a law( the law being you must show KPH even if driving in UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom