Odometer reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emenoz

Car
V230
Hi all , someone told me that if the odometer reading on a merc begins with the digit "0" for example 089000km it means the odometer reading was tempered with! Experts tell me.

Hi all , someone told me that if the odometer reading on a merc begins with the digit "0" for example 089000km it means the odometer reading was tempered with! Experts tell me.

No it just means the car has not reached 100,000 yet. Unless you have reason to belive otherwise, like worn steering wheel, pedals, or seats.

No it just means the car has not reached 100,000 yet. Unless you have reason to belive otherwise, like worn steering wheel, pedals, or seats.

I thought a modern MB would never show the leading zero, irrespectively if the odometer reading is genuine or not.

I thought a modern MB would never show the leading zero, irrespectively if the odometer reading is genuine or not.

Correct, but then the op's car would have the first digit blank, his is showing a zero as the leading digit. It's only recent cars that dont show the zero.

I've got a w210 and a w203 at the workshop, both showing the zero as the first digit.

But I think I saw a w220 without the zero.

Last edited:
Correct, but then the op's car would have the first digit blank, his is showing a zero as the leading digit. It's only recent cars that dont show the zero.

I've got a w210 and a w203 at the workshop, both showing the zero as the first digit.

But I think I saw a w220 without the zero.

So, obviously the mileage has been "corrected". :eek:

I've never heard of this claim but that was what the OP was after. I still believe that this is not the case, the mileage should read "----" if it does not match with the rest of the car and if all have been properly modified, then it should be back to normal.

My W203 (2006) DOESN'T have a leading zero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom