Oh dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
there all guilty of having defeat devices !

Looks like a recall

Posted on the MSN site today

"Germany’s top carmakers will recall 630,000 vehicles to fix diesel engine software technology that has been blamed for causing high pollution, while the emissions scandal engulfing Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors deepened."

Diesel crisis deepens as German brands recall 630,000 cars

What gets me though is all the complaints about cars exceeding the emissions limits in real world driving. Defeat devices aside this is factually incorrect, the limits apply to the test as conducted in the lab. The problem is the test itself its old, way out of date and the car makers didn't design the test, the authorities did. So when everybody wakes up to the fact that the test rubbish they blame the car manufacturers...

Bet the government are also figuring out how they can extort more money from us because we followed their guidance and purchased diesel cars which they have now decided they don't like...

What gets me though is all the complaints about cars exceeding the emissions limits in real world driving. Defeat devices aside this is factually incorrect, the limits apply to the test as conducted in the lab. The problem is the test itself its old, way out of date and the car makers didn't design the test, the authorities did. So when everybody wakes up to the fact that the test rubbish they blame the car manufacturers...

That is true of the CO2/fuel consumption test but VW cheated to pass a US (NOx) test. For that it is culpable.

This will cost Volkswagen £50 billion,it will finish the company,the US will be able to fund some health care on the back of it.

This will cost Volkswagen £50 billion,it will finish the company,the US will be able to fund some health care on the back of it.

My first German cars were VW when they were great motors, the current ones are a bit crap in my experience.

There is absolutely no chance of VW going down sales were up everywhere except usa. Also the German government would never let it happen

I'm well impressed with my new golf far better build quality performance and ride than the equivalent MB

I'm well impressed with my new golf far better build quality performance and ride than the equivalent MB

That does surprise me, however, I've not driven the modern A Class to compare with a Golf.
My Passat was nowhere near the equivalent C Class, it was not suited for long distance which was my requirement at the time.

Agree with lewyboy, I have a relatively modern 05 CLK. I love it but it has been one of most unreliable car I have had in decades, almost as bad as a Morris Marina 1.8 2 door.

That does surprise me, however, I've not driven the modern A Class to compare with a Golf.
My Passat was nowhere near the equivalent C Class, it was not suited for long distance which was my requirement at the time.

Mines a commuter car power just shy of an A45 at 303 bhp but slightly quicker 0 - 60 due to the direct torque of the DC motor. Interior not as high spec as A45 but better than top spec A Class and no stick on screen. I have lots of carbon fibre instead of plastic and the best bit is it was 60% of the price of the A45 which funded the R8

SWMBO declared this morning she wants to go back to an MB 4x4 so guess where we re going tomorrow the robbing stealers that are MB Sheffield and MB Doncaster

Well happy with it.

Mines a commuter car power just shy of an A45 at 303 bhp but slightly quicker 0 - 60 due to the direct torque of the DC motor. Interior not as high spec as A45 but better than top spec A Class and no stick on screen. I have lots of carbon fibre instead of plastic and the best bit is it was 60% of the price of the A45 which funded the R8

SWMBO declared this morning she wants to go back to an MB 4x4 so guess where we re going tomorrow the robbing stealers that are MB Sheffield and MB Doncaster

Well happy with it.
I ll sell her my S211. I ll put a 4 matic badge on the front wings.

It's up for sale.

I ll sell her my S211. I ll put a 4 matic badge on the front wings.

It's up for sale.

Ooh I love the 211 and yours is well sorted as well. Funny feeling we'll be getting a G class (not the wagon though) depends what used stock there is in the UK or if we decide to go new I'll do the same as the Golf and buy in Germany if the exchange rate picks up a little or might even see what lease deals are available. Thought she was settled with the Kuga but she had it nearly 2 years now.

My neighbour has a GL. It's like a mountain parked in the driveway !!!

My neighbour has a GL. It's like a mountain parked in the driveway !!!
Agreed!

The GLE (formerly ML) is big; the GL is humongous :eek:

Have faith.. Mercedes-Benz will be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom